Restoring contacts list from disabled computer

My old computer crashed, I was able to get access to most of the data from the SSD and have found the old contacts list data files, How do I get them into my new computer and recognized by my new eM Client?

See this thread for various ways to restore eM Client data.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/hard-drive-failed-lost-all-contacts/84494

I seemed to have fixed it. I made a copy of my new ~/AppData/Roaming/eMClient/Local Folders (just for safety) and copied my
old directory into this new one and it worked. I don’t know what side effects
might happen but I’m happy with what I have now.

Thanks for the help.
Lee

I seemed to have fixed it. I made a copy of my new ~/AppData/Roaming/eMClient/Local Folders (just for safety) and copied my
old directory into this new one and it worked

Great that everything is now working again after restoring your old eM Client roaming local folder.

I don’t know what side effects
might happen but I’m happy with what I have now.

If you had an IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud account, then everything will normally come back (exactly how it was) at the time and then automatically update with any changes since then. So no side effects at all. That’s the beauty of these type of accounts that store everything online in the cloud.

It’s only if you had a POP type account where you can sometimes loose mail, contacts, calendar events etc, as the changes since the eM Client roaming folder was backed up (are usually gone) by default unless you eg: religiously backup every night due to the nature of POP accounts.