Hard drive failed - lost all contacts

Is it possible to find list of contacts from original copy of Emclient ?

There is two ways to restore your email, contacts and calendar etc if you have an old hard disk image and can access the harddisk contents.

“How to restore eM Client data for Windows”.

If you have been doing regular eM Client backups either manually via “Menu / Backup” or automatically via “Menu / Settings/ General / Backup” you will find dated backup.zip files in your user profile “Documents / eM Client” folder, where you can then restore your mail, contacts & calendar etc via “Menu / File / Restore”. So you would just copy the old harddisk backup.zip files to your current user profile Documents / eM Client folder and restore the most recent version.

Alternatively, if you haven’t been doing eM Client backups, but have a copy of the eM Client hidden roaming database folder - “C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\eM Client” on an old harddisk, you could reinstall the same version of eM Client you had on your old harddisk from the version history page and then replace the eM Client hidden roaming database folder with the one from your old harddisk.

Note:- If you did that option, after installing eM Client, ignore / skip the initial wizard setup and after the program opens, just close it. Then replace the above hidden roaming database folder with yours and then reopen eM Client.

1 Like

I already have eM Client installed on my new computer. It is the same version as the old one. Can I just copy the contacts* files from the old directory to the new one.
Thanks for your fast response.
Lee Wenk