Relase date for client 5.5 or 6.0 ?

Hello,

Is there an approximative release date for the next major update ?
Do you have a list of new features ?

Thank you !

Hello,
the next major version 6 should be releases approximately in 2-3 months. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you a list of new features because it is not finished yet. I will post it here as soon as it is done.

Is version 6 still slated to include a threaded view?

Hello,

Unfortunately it was postponed to 7th version, there are big problems with implementing it and we don’t want to release faulty and half working function.

regards
Jan

PHEW! Good thing I haven’t purchased this yet! Two major releases without threaded/conversation view?! HAHA you’re worse that microsoft- though you following their mode welll!

Hello,

I understand your anger, but we have some plan and we need to follow it.

regards
Jan

I purchased the product a few months ago and have tried a couple of times to make it work for me. I liked the features, layout, etc. but didn’t realize at the time that it did not have a threaded view. I can’t live without a thread view so I’m sticking with Postbox.

Any update on what v6 will have that’s new?

I have just installed v5 and am learning to use it. I love the look and feel, but there are some features that I haven’t seen or figured out yet and it would be nice to know what is coming in the new version.

This thread was started 2 months ago, so v6 should be pretty close. Any news is appreciated

Hello,

yes, version 6 is close, there are already repaired many bugs from 5th version, added some new features (most notable full exchange support).

I will not write full list here now, because there are still some features that needs to be implemented and I don’t want to cause misinformation.

best reagards
Jan

I saw on another post that some form of threaded or conversation view was planned for version 6, is that still the plan? If we purchase version 5, is the upgrade to 6 free, or should I wait to buy a license.

I know you can’t answer everything, but any guidance would be awesome! Thanks.

Hello,

Yes, you and everyone else who will buy now version 5 will get version 6 also and threaded view was postponed to another version unfortunately…

regards
Jan

Any updates on version 6?

Hello,

6th version should be out in few weeks, mid to late autumn.

next week we will start releasing to our users and customers new patch for 5th version with very wide range of repaired bugs.

regards
Jan

Great! Thanks for your quick reply!

Hello,

I am glad that I could help you.

regards
Jan

Still no ideas WHEN eM Client v6 is due out?
Anyone?

Oh, and some screenshots if UI is changing would be really awesome.
Thanks.

Hello,

in mid to late autumn (probably in October), that is just few weeks from now on.

best regards
Jan

Hello,

there are nothing to show yet, we have some internal versions but they are not meant to be released.

All I can say it that if it will be implemented then look will be much more simplified but with same possibilities of old menus.

best regards
Jan

Wow, threaded view was talked about and promised all the way back at version 3 or 4. Is it safe to say we’ll never get threaded view? It’s a fairly essential feature for a modern email client which I think should be at or near the top of your list of things to do.