Red Triangle Next to Main Email Account

The infamous Red Triangle showed up next to one of my email accounts this week and now I am not receiving any emails. When I put my cursor over the triangle it show “Connection Failed”, that it could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings." It was was working good earlier this week with the settings I have now. I have 2 email accounts listed and the triangle is only next to my main account.

I backed up the program and then Uninstalled and then reinstalled the program but it did not fix the problem. What do I need to do?

Thanks,
Mark

1 Like

More information about your account might give us some place to start helping.

1 Like

What information is needed?

For starters…

Windows or Mac?
POP3 or IMAP?
Who is the email host?
Have you contacted your email host support?
Have you tried logging into your host web mail?
Have you tried turning off your anti-virus and VPN software?
eMC version?

1 Like

Hi Mark,
Have you sorted the problem out yet?
I have a similar problem, it says you don’t have an account yet if I try to create a new account it says your account already exists.
Could ther be a problem with the system?
Regards,
Mike.

I have this same problem with my both Gmail and Outlook accounts,
Windows 10 fresh installation
Gmail has SMTP, XMPP, Contacts, Calendar, Settings, IMAP ticked
Outlook as SMTP, Airsync, IMAP ticked
I don’t have any antivirus stuff other than windows defender itself.

And I don’t understand why emClient does not retry to connect because it seems a random problem, once it happens seems like emClient gives up trying again?
Regards,
Sercan

@Mark51 and @sercankd:

I assume you have tried to hit the “Refresh” button. If not, try that first.

If you are still having problems, try setting your eM Client accounts for Gmail and Outlook IMAP and SMTP as shown in the examples to see if that helps.

Settings are already like that, how can i make emClient try to refresh like every 30 seconds so I don’t miss any e-mails? This manual action seems unusual.

@sercankd:

You can go into your Settings/General/Synchronization and change the # of minutes.

Can not set it lower than every 1 minute

With Gmail and Outllok.com IMAP, syncing of the Inbox is in real time. That means as soon as a message is received on the server, it is in the Inbox in eM Client. You cannot change that.

Other folders will sync according to the schedule specified in Menu > Settings > General > Synchronization. It is best to leave this at about 20 minutes, as it also affects calendar and contact syncing. If you set that to 1 minute, you may end up in a permanent sync loop.

Yes, but seems like this triangle error does not go away unless I take manual action, I miss mails in the meantime because after triangle appears next refresh would take 20 minutes then.

Then there is probably some connection error.

Yes but it is emClient problem because I had to setup Microsoft Outlook from MS Office bundle to use as alternative and it does not have this kind of error with both my Gmail and Outlook accounts.

I agree with Gary. Other email programs I use to have would “lock-up” after checking my email too often. I have my EMC set to sync every 10 minutes. However, if a new email arrives in my Hotmail account it immediately is downloaded to EMC.

My advise is to open EMC and change the settings between 10 and 20 minutes. The servers for our email accounts DO NOT like our apps to check every minute. It’s security protocol which makes sure someone is not hacking your account. If a person (yourself) tries to sync too many times in a row you might even trigger a temporary lock on your email account. All you need do is open a browser and log into your account online, be it Gmail, MSN, Live, ISP Email etc. Wait a few minutes and retrieve your email through EMC. :hole:

@sercankd

I have this same problem with my both Gmail and Outlook accounts,

You mentioned you don’t have any Optional Antivirus programs installed. Do you have any Optional Firewalls, Security programs or VPN’s installed etc ?

Hello,
It is a fresh Windows 10 installation as i mentioned before I do not have any program that affects network traffic just barely have any apps at all. I don’t have also custom DNS set-up in my router.

I have enabled logging of both accounts in emClient settings,

Outlook reported this error

09:49:25.112|05C| >>> Starting account synchronization
09:49:25.112|063| >>> ListFoldersAsync(): Start
09:49:25.112|063| 02: — CMD LIST: CONNECTION IS IDLING
09:49:25.112|05C| 02: DONE
09:49:25.117|024| 02: — RECEIVE: EXCEPTION: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host…
—> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ReadAsyncInternal[TIOAdapter](TIOAdapter adapter, Memory1 buffer) at MailClient.Imap.Base.Extensions.CopyToAsyncWithTimer(Stream source, PipeWriter writer, TimeoutTimer timer, ITaskSource readDemandSource, Action1 loggingCallback, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.StartReading(Stream stream, CancellationToken token)
at System.IO.Pipelines.PipeCompletion.ThrowLatchedException()
at System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.GetReadResult(ReadResult& result)
at System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.GetReadAsyncResult()
at System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.DefaultPipeReader.GetResult(Int16 token)
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Extensions.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<g__SlowAsyncPath|1>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.LoggingHandler(PipeReader fromReader, PipeWriter toWriter, CancellationToken cancellationToken, String name)
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Extensions.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<g__SlowAsyncPath|1>d.MoveNext()
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.ReceiveAsync()
09:49:25.117|024| 02: — RECEIVE: CLOSED
09:49:25.117|024| 02: — CLOSE: PRIMARY START
09:49:25.437|05C| 02: — CLOSE: LOGOUT TIMED-OUT !!!
09:49:25.437|05C| 02: — CLOSE: PRIMARY FINISHED
09:49:25.437|05C| 02: — EX WHILE WAITING FOR IDLE TO FINISH
09:49:25.437|063| >>> COMMAND CONNECTION EXCEPTION (retry: True): Connection was closed
09:49:25.437|063| >>> ListFoldersAsync(): Start
09:49:25.437|063| 01: — CMD LIST: CONNECTION IS IDLING
09:49:25.437|05C| 02: — CMD A49 IDLE FAILED: A task was canceled.
09:49:25.437|01D| 01: DONE
09:49:25.442|01D| 01: — RECEIVE: EXCEPTION: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host…
—> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10054): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ReadAsyncInternal[TIOAdapter](TIOAdapter adapter, Memory1 buffer) at MailClient.Imap.Base.Extensions.CopyToAsyncWithTimer(Stream source, PipeWriter writer, TimeoutTimer timer, ITaskSource readDemandSource, Action1 loggingCallback, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.StartReading(Stream stream, CancellationToken token)
at MailClient.Imap.Base.TransportPipe.LoggingHandler(PipeReader fromReader, PipeWriter toWriter, CancellationToken cancellationToken, String name)
09:49:25.442|01D| 01: — RECEIVE: CLOSED
09:49:25.442|01D| 01: — CLOSE: PRIMARY START
09:49:25.760|04B| 01: — CLOSE: LOGOUT TIMED-OUT !!!
09:49:25.760|04B| 01: — CLOSE: PRIMARY FINISHED
09:49:25.760|05C| 01: — CMD A37 IDLE FAILED: A task was canceled.
09:49:25.760|05C| 01: — EX WHILE WAITING FOR IDLE TO FINISH
09:49:25.760|063| >>> COMMAND CONNECTION EXCEPTION: Connection was closed
09:49:25.760|01D| >>> ResynchronizeFolder(folder: /Inbox [Inbox]): connection died
09:49:25.761|05C| >>> Account synchronization finished
09:49:25.761|024| AccountBase.ChangeOnlineState : STATE CHANGE TO offline due BrokenConnection
09:49:25.761|024| >>> FolderDeactivated(folder: /Inbox [Inbox]):

And Gmail reported this errors

09:49:25.112|024| >>> Starting account synchronization
09:49:25.112|029| >>> ListFoldersAsync(): Start
09:49:25.112|029| 02: — CMD LIST: CONNECTION IS IDLING
09:49:25.112|024| 02: DONE
09:49:25.117|05C| 02: — RECEIVE: EXCEPTION: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host…
09:49:25.117|05C| 02: — RECEIVE: CLOSED
09:49:25.117|05C| 02: — CLOSE: PRIMARY START
09:49:25.437|04B| 02: — CLOSE: LOGOUT TIMED-OUT !!!
09:49:25.437|01D| 02: — CMD A14 IDLE FAILED: A task was canceled.
09:49:25.437|01D| 02: — EX WHILE WAITING FOR IDLE TO FINISH
09:49:25.437|04B| 02: — CLOSE: PRIMARY FINISHED
09:49:25.437|029| >>> COMMAND CONNECTION EXCEPTION (retry: True): Connection was closed
09:49:25.437|029| >>> ListFoldersAsync(): Start
09:49:25.437|029| 01: — CMD LIST: CONNECTION IS IDLING
09:49:25.437|04B| 01: DONE
09:49:25.442|04B| 01: — RECEIVE: EXCEPTION: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host…
09:49:25.442|04B| 01: — RECEIVE: CLOSED
09:49:25.442|04B| 01: — CLOSE: PRIMARY START
09:49:25.760|01D| 01: — CLOSE: LOGOUT TIMED-OUT !!!
09:49:25.760|01D| 01: — CLOSE: PRIMARY FINISHED
09:49:25.760|05C| 01: — CMD A26 IDLE FAILED: A task was canceled.
09:49:25.760|024| 01: — EX WHILE WAITING FOR IDLE TO FINISH
09:49:25.760|01D| >>> ResynchronizeFolder(folder: /All Mail [All]): connection died
09:49:25.760|029| >>> COMMAND CONNECTION EXCEPTION: Connection was closed

@sercankd

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host…

Looks to me like your mail client connections (are being rejected) by the remote Servers even though (you have the correct mail acct settings) in eM Client as you advised previously in this thread.

Did you get these same connection errors (with other mail clients) in the past ?