Recurring Task behaviour

I created a new recurring task starting today that repeats weekly on M,T,W,T,F.
When I mark the task for today as complete by clicking the check-box, then the task moves to the next date, as expected. If I then wait a while, or “Refresh” the task list manually, the task jumps back to today and there are now 2 of them (the recurring task and a non-recurring task), both for today’s date. Is there something I should be doing to avoid this behaviour? I’m on v.8.2.1473.
This is not a new issue for me, but I’m getting fed up with it now, so I was wondering whether there was any planned work to fix this or whether it needs to be logged as a bug…

1 Like

Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce that.

I created a recurring task for 5 days. Marked it is completed for the first day. I now have a completed task for the first day, and un uncompleted task for the next day.

That doesn’t change.

Where are you saving the task? If it is to a server, it may be that the server is giving the incorrect completed data, or just doesn’t support that function for a by-day status.

Hi Gary,

This is on a standalone Home PC - no server involved. I am just saving the task to the Tasks folder under the primary email account.

If I complete the recurring task a second time I end up with 1 recurring and 2 non-recurring, If I complete it a third time I end up with 1 recurring and 3 non-recurring, etc… But always reverting to the original start date.

Andy

That means it is saved on the server.

Who is the provider?

Fasthosts:
exchange2019.livemail.co.uk

I have exactly the same problem
I use my Outlook account to sync my tasks.

1 Like

Were you able to solve this issue?
I have a similar setup with Outlook sync and am experiencing the same problem.

@4muumia

This is still a known issue with Recurring tasks synching to Outlook accounts. See this thread.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/problem-with-outlook-account-based-tasks/79533

The only option atm is to either “Create separate tasks (non recurring) for each day” and “complete them each day”, or “Create recurring calendar events” instead till this is resolved.

1 Like