Recommended method to resend a message

Sometimes a client lost an email and I need to resend it. Occasionally, my Mail host of momentarily blacklisted and my email bounces, and I need to resend from another account. I’m used to right clicking and choose resend, on the email. I can’t find a good way to resend a message. My current kludge is to forward the email and then delete a lot of the heading stuff.

Is there a good way to resend an email. Even if I open it from my sent folder, I can’t find a way to send it again.

I too normally just forward as well and delete what I don’t want in the email.

There a feature request for a resend at the below thread. Suggest to like / vote for that feature and who knows might be added down the track.

There is a couple of ways though you can do that currently from @Gary post at the bottom of the thread that might help you in the meantime.

(Quote from thread)

Gary
Aug 27
You can select the original message in the sent folder, and choose Forward > Forward as original.
You will need to re-add the recipients.

You can also copy the original sent message to the Local Folder Outbox. Then open it in the Outbox and click Send

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Actually, the forward as original is exactly what I wanted. I don’t mind adding the client’s name. So, it works. I’ll still add a plus to the feature request, as having it listed as an option so we don’t need to request help or delete stuff from forwarded.

The thing is, I knew what forward as original did, but had never used it and so never expanded it to being an option for resend.