Protonmail Bridge Setup

Get your mailbox details from Protonmail Bridge

In eM Client go to Menu > Accounts and add a new account. Choose Mail > Other.

Enter your email address, then on the next screen add in the IMAP server details from the Bridge. For the server use 127.0.0.1:1143 So server : Port.

Do the same with SMTP. The port is 1025

You may get this certificate warning, just choose don’t ask again and connect. You will need to do it twice.

That is all there is to it.

In eM Client Accounts, it will look like this:

For IMAP

For SMTP

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this step-by-step guide. It worked for me. Please update the title from “Ptotonmail Bridge Setup” to “Protonmail Bridge Setup” (my only comment).

2 Likes

It worked. You may want to add more detail in your post regarding each sequential step for those, like me, that had to guess to fill in the blanks.

Thanks Gary.

Hi Gary,

Again, the setup works flawlessly. Thank you for taking the time to create a step-by-step process.

I just realized my real problem.

I have ProtonMail set up with my websites email address, ie, “littlevatican.com”.

So when I login, I use my “littlevatican.com” user id.

The issue now is, when I setup my ProtonMail on eM Client, which credentials do I use? The “littlevatican.com” login used to login into ProtonMail or the original ProtonMail login information?

The reason I ask is because in the Proton Mail Bridge it uses my “littlevatican.com” credentials.

I only ask because when I use my “littlevatican.com” login information, all of my emails are duplicated in eM Client.

I would add an “Advanced Options parameter” configuration to the workflow, as mentioned in another thread. Otherwise emails are doubled, tripled, etc…

In eM Client go to Menu > Accounts.
Click on the Diagnostics tab for this ProtonMail account.

Add this to the Advanced Options parameter field:
--imap-list-ignore-path "All Mail"