Problems with Hotmail.

Every so often (about once every 2 weeks) my Hotmail account tends to (out of nowhere) re-sync all the E-mails. I don’t delete my E-mails so have approx 36,000 and randomly all the E-mails would just disappear and then download again from scratch taking approx 8 hours to finish syncing. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

I have this issue today. All of my emails are gone and I just keep getting ‘an error.’ That’s all it says. Grrr.

I take it there’s a bug with hotmail linked into EM Client? Works well with GMail no problems. Hopefully this can be resolved. I really like EM Client and how everything is synced nicely (windows live messenger, Google Talk) in just one programme instead of having multiple applications running.

Send us logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “AirSync” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client,
try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

I cannot send you a log on this because when it happens, you cannot select anything on the Diagnose tab. It’s greyed out. I either have the entire account disappear, then reappear or I can only see messages in my folders, not in my inbox. Sure hope this gets fixed. Thanks!

Please contact me directly at [email protected] so I can send you our internal update which contains the fix for this issue.

I’m having the same problem and it happens quite frequently.
eM client is updated to the latest version available.

Any idea? Is there any way to fix this issue?
Thank you!

https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

This is happening again from Thursday. This time is much more severe it keeps syncing constantly. About a quarter into downloading the E-mails it’ll restart again re-syncing… it hasn’t synced all the E-mails once yet from Thursday 20th :frowning:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Hotmail randomly re-syncs all emails.

My Hotmail account tends to (out of nowhere) re-sync all the emails and it happens quite frequently.
Suddenly (and completely randomly, as far as I can say) all my emails just disappear from eM Client and then download again from scratch.
It seems like it has been happening much frequently since I upgraded to eM Client 6.

In addition, it happens that some emails are displayed as sent by “[email protected]” with no object.
Whenever I check them on the Outlook website, though, they are perfectly legible emails.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, I will need your Airsync logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check Airsync under your account, apply and restart eM Client.
Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that use “send logs…” to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

Then you can turn logging off.

Jan

This happens to me as well, randomly resyncing Hotmail about once a week. Since I have thousands of emails, it’s quite annoying. Once it finishes syncing, it starts all over again. The way to stop it is to disable the account and re-enable it, then do a repair.

Literally 2 minutes after you posted this happened to me again! Re-syncing now again right now!

It hasn’t happened to me since the last time I wrote in this thread.
I really don’t know why but so far it seems like the problem has disappeared… I’ll let you know if anything happens again.

This is still happening to me regularly. It’s annoying enough that I may just stop using emClient.

Hi TJ, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on AirSync logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the issue occurs and you notice all your emails have been resync or redownloaded, please go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

I’m afraid that this issue might be caused by an unknown error (5102), it is an AirSync error that we’re not able to handle properly due to missing documentation, but please send me the logs to be sure.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi, did anyone work out what was happening with this?  My Hotmail account re-syncs regularly as well.

Hi, this unfortunately seems to be an AirSync issue with outlook.com/hotmail accounts,

12:53:13.346|010| &nbsp; &nbsp; <status>5102</status>
12:53:13.346|010| &nbsp; &nbsp; <fault><br>12:53:13.346|010|       <faultcode>Server</faultcode><br>12:53:13.346|010|       <faultstring>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</faultstring><br>12:53:13.346|010|     </fault>

This is unfortunately not possible to resolve from our side and is considered for a server bug.

You could resolve this by using IMAP for synchronizing your account instead of the current AirSync protocol. This would however disable your ability to synchronize contacts or calendars with the server.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul

Hi, is it not possible to catch the error and bypass the re-sync?  I’ve also had this issue for a long time, so are Microsoft aware of it or is it unique to eM Client?

Hi Mark, the issue is unique to the AirSync protocol, It is not possible to bypass the re-sync as it is the mail server that forces the re-sync, unfortunately eM Client can not control the server features or functions remotely.

Regards,
Paul