Problems with Hotmail.

It seems to me that it would make sense to remove AirSync as the default protocol for handling Hotmail accounts, since this problem is frequent and seems to affect a number of users. In fact, this happens so regularly to me I find I have to completely resync my inbox of 14,000 messages at least once a week. Often, multiple times per week. Considering this issue has been ongoing for over two years, I’m quite surprised that emClient has not addressed it in some way.

What causes the error to happen?  Have you spoken to Microsoft about it?

Maybe there is more involved than I understand, but this seems like pretty simple exception handling to me. If the exception is consistent, and the exception is what always causes the re-sync, it seems that handling the exception on the client-side would resolve the issue permanently. When the exception occurs, drop the AirSync connection. This will avoid a re-sync. Am I missing something here?

This is unfortunately a very common error in the AirSync protocol, but I’d say Microsoft does not put too much attention to it. As I previously mentioned it is unfortunately not possible to workaround this or avoid the re-sync. The error occurs on the protocol, not in any of the applications features.

eM client simply does not have the capability to cancel a server/protocol resync, it is an external feature that we can not control.

Regards,
Paul

Hello, I am having some troubles with Hotmail account (now outlook.com). A lot of issues appers on emClient. And some mails or/and calendar events haven’t been synchro nized ok. Any idea ?

Hi Joan,
this is actually a server error that we can’t do anything about. Please contact Hotmail/Outlook support.

Best regards,
Olivia

Again, emClient needs to remove AirSync as the default mail handler and go with IMAP. AirSync simply does not work with outlook.com. Save everyone else some hassle and yourself some time. Jeez.

I changed option (see image) and it seems running better.

Downloaded version 7 two weeks ago as I wanted something better than Windows Live Mail - and something to replace the useless Windows 10 mail and calendar.  This product looks good and seemed to fit my needs  I too have started to experience the same issues as above - the Hotmail account works fine for a few days, then completely wipes all emails and clears the calendar. I have to delete the account and re-load. 

Interesting series of comments on the same issue without anyone wishing to accept responsibility. I paid for the “professional” version as I have several accounts to manage. I appear to have wasted my money.

If you use android phone with sync Hotmail, too… Please don’t put PUSH sync, better every 1 hour. I did that and all runs ok.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am actually trying to use this software on my Lenovo Yoga 3 tablet which is running Windows 10

Hi Geoff,
version 7 hasn’t been released yet, so I guess what you bought is a version 6 license.

As for the Hotmail issue, as mentioned above, this is a known bug in AirSync protocol and can be resolved using IMAP for synchronizing your account instead. This would however disable your ability to synchronize contacts or calendars with the server, but your mail wouldn’t be re-synced by force.

If this solution is unacceptable for you at the moment and you made your purchase recently, then maybe our money back guarantee still applies to you - http://www.emclient.com/money-back-gu… and your money might be better spent on the up-coming version 7. I do hope you will give eM Client another try when version 7 actually does come out, as we are changing some of the core features and hopefully these kind of issues will be avoided in the future.

Best regards,
Olivia

My mistake, I did mean version 6. Apologies.  I really like the interface, so I’ll struggle on as the other accounts seem to be working fine.  Syncing with contacts and calendar is vital though.  I am hoping all this will be resolved with version 7? Will there be an upgrade fee?

Hi Geoff,
if you didn’t buy life-time upgrades, there is a fee when we move to a new version.

Best regards,
Olivia