Problem to showing national caraters in mail adress alias.

The limitation is not any issue for me. I just hop that my problem will get fixed and I can feel that eM Client is for me. So far all the function except my problem is in good favour. The only extra I would have liked is a similar integration of the calendar and address book as it is to the google to work to the Mailtraq system. ;) But it work grate to google at least. 

I hope you are right of the support Gary and the first contact with Olivia seams good. Let just see if we also can fixed my problem.

Your policy for software is good but in my case it have not totally worked before. Because not all have an open forum and it take some time to see the tendency that is not always that time that I have. In this case I have some time I can wait to see but not always. 

I paid for emClient even though I am not fully happy with it. As I do not work for free the developers of emClient shoud not /can not do this, too. And if I want them to improve emClient, it is a service that I want and therefore willing to pay for.  

If I buy a cheese in the supermarket, and I am not satisfied about the taste, I can not return it, too. In compare to this, emClient goes far beyond that with a testing time of 30 days. I do not know, if in this period the „pro service“ is activated. Maybe this would complete the impression of “the whole package”.

But I do not believe in claiming for a perfect product, without proof of  serios interest. A price of ~40 € is an acceptable amount to show that. Depending on the next month, I will add additional licenses and/or tp lifetime licenses. Or not… .

This is my personal opinion on that.

Regarding your example of cheese you probably know the most of the regular daily cheese taste and know what you get. If it not taste right you can always go back to the shop with it. If it is a more unusual cheese than the shop normally I my country have a  place that they let your take a taste bit from that kind of cheese you want to test. So I don’t see the difference!

But OK regarding of the cost of the program is not so high but with my bad experience it is a real value to test first. To pay many times $40 for software that not full fill my requirement can be weary expensive in long term when you find a other better suited program if the problem dose not get fixed.

And yes the software industry is going true a hard time because so many different competes is out there whit the almost same software. So there is hard for them to get it out and get pay for the program. But that is the same with computer support. If you have nothing other then the private market and have no other thing to sell you can’t live on it either. You need something other to lay back on. To clean a computer that is virus infected it probably take about 5 h to fix it properly. You can at the highest get a private costumer to pay about $100 for that and perhaps you van sell a antivirus toll also. So on those $100 you got $20/h and that you need to pay for all costa around and taxes. So it is a hard life. A software is easier to get many beck because that you can sell many copies and split the hours of work behind the copies. So on that way it is easier to earn money on software and time then on labour intensive work as I describe.   

But I understand your point and respect you opinion. But I also pay when I get what I want but not before. :wink:

Hello Per (and everyone who engaged in this issue solving),
we have analyzed IMAP logs Per provided and found the cause of the issue.

The EML files open and display just fine when loaded in eM Client in other accounts or local folders. The problem is not with the messages themselves.
The culprit, in this case, is the IMAP server, which incorrectly reports the names in the client-server communication:
"Per S+APY-derlund" NIL “per.soderlund” …

The header information in eM Client is not loaded from the message itself but from the information your server sends, because our IMAP implementation allows for partial download. Unless download for offline use is enabled, eM Client does not download the full message right away but just the header. Synchronizing headers enables faster sync with the server and saves space on the user’s device, but we need correct ENVELOPE data in the IMAP synchronization.

This issue needs to be reported to Mailtraq - the vendor of the server software, according to the logs - and the administrator of the mail server. It seems to be a misunderstanding of the IMAP protocol (RFC 3501) where a “modified UTF-7” encoding is used to represent international characters. RFC 3501, however, uses this encoding only for folder names. For names in the ENVELOPE data, the RFC 2047 encoding of international character should be used.

Hope this will help in resolving the issue.

Regards,
Olivia

The only I can reply to that is that many other mail program like In built webb mail, Windows 10 Mail, Windows Live Mail (Win 7) and Tunderbird handel it with right caracteras in the address field any way.

Here is from the webb mail.

And from Windows 10 Mail.

Thunderbird will take the name from the address book if an entry for that sender exists, otherwise from the mail header.  So that is a different process to eM Client.

Don’t know about the others, but it seems they may also do it differently. :slight_smile:

In my case when I tested Thunderbird I did not have any addresses in the address book!
I did not even use the address book in Win Live Mail nor in Win 10 Mail!

Yes, if there is no address in the address book, Thunderbird takes the name from the mail header.

eM Client will also take the name from the message header if the email is in a local folder. You can try that by copying one of the offending emails to a local folder, and you will see the difference. So as Olivia said, there is no problem with the mail header. It is how the information is passed from the server that is the problem.