Problem to showing national caraters in mail adress alias.

Note also this mail!

To: “=?utf-8?B?UGVyIFPDtmRlcmx1bmQ=?=”

Segoe UI holds the full UFT8 char set – this is not the reason.

Can you check the “send” folder and look into the source code of this mail (right click on it → View Mail Source)?

Topmost there should be “From” with your correctly written name.

To: =?utf-8?q?Per=20S=c3=b6derlund?=

Subject: =?utf-8?q?Mail=20to=20my=20selfe=20=c3=a5=c3=a4=c3=b6=20=c3=85=c3=84=c3=96?=

Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 09:30:08 +0000

Message-Id:

Reply-To: =?utf-8?q?Per=20S=c3=b6derlund?=

User-Agent: eM_Client/7.1.30794.0

Mime-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="------=_MB17C26977-A439-4963-BFC3-12B3CCC57FB5"

--------=_MB17C26977-A439-4963-BFC3-12B3CCC57FB5

Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset=utf-8

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Med v=C3=A4nliga h=C3=A4lsningar

Best regards

Per S=C3=B6derlund

--------=_MB17C26977-A439-4963-BFC3-12B3CCC57FB5

Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-16"?> <![CDATA[

blockquote.cite { margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; padding-left: 10px;=

padding-right:0px; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc }

blockquote.cite2 {margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; padding-left: 10px;=

padding-right:0px; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc; margin-top: 3px; padding=

-top: 0px; }

a img { border: 0px; }

ol, ul { list-style-position: inside }=20

body { font-family: Segoe UI; font-size: 12pt; }

]]>

v>

73489f9497a4a7fed33307">

Med v=C3=A4nliga h=C3=A4l=

sningar

Best regards

Per S=C3=B6derlund

>

--------=_MB17C26977-A439-4963-BFC3-12B3CCC57FB5–

NoSi. Look at this. It displays correctly on Per’s computer with mouse-over. Any ideas?

That looks weird. The name schould appear uncoded once. I have no explaination for this – you should ask the customer support.

Definitely odd. I saw this once before where the name in the header was different to the one mouse-over, but that was to do with spoofing. https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/mailsploit-vulnerable-for-spoofing-or-not

Can it be related to that my addressbok is the google addressbok that is connected to eM Client. That addressbok is also selected to Swedish in language. And every name seams OK there with proper caracters.

It is related in that the mouse-over reads the name from the address book, but the other is read from the mail header.

Note that the behavior is not only related to my name as address.

But if that is right then if you look att the plane text and subject that have the same esc conde for the caracters and thay shows up right som the sender and reciver feald in the mail seams not to been coded right to translate the esc cods right.
If im not wrong the space is =20 for example.
So:

å is =c3=a5

ä is =c3=a4

ö is =c3=b6

Å is =c3=85

Ä is =c3=84

Ö is =c3=96

and = is the esc indicator for the upcomming hex posison for the caracter.

Are there some more Swedish user out there, having comparable effects?

I tried special chars in my to: field – this message is displayed correctly in the receiving account (both emClient):

Please, use a locally stored adress with special chars an check, if this effect stays on. I am quite shure, that there is an encode/decode error by the Google-Adressbook. It seems to me, as if it is UTF16 instead of UTF8.

But if it so the addressbok try to correct the address. His is a mail from a sender that is not in the addressbok.
As you see this is from one of the original saples I had in the beginning.

A reflection if a esc code for
ö is c3b6 and it is translated to APY.
ä is c3a4 and translated to AOQ
å is c3a5 and translated to something else I not yet know.

Is it not just that the pure translation problem in the TO, FROM, COPY and REPLY field?

This due to that the Subject fields and MSG field get the proper text.

It feels for me that some different handling of the view text is done and it for some reason seems to other to shows up right when they use a computer with native English in bottom in the OS but when it is lika me have an Swedish OS in bottom and change it to English it don’t handel it on the same way even when I change all parameters to a English setup.

So it feels for me that the handling of the view text in the MSG form is different in the mailadress fields then in the Subject and message field.

I don’t believe of a misconfiguration that is in 3 different computers whit 2 in Win 7 and one in Win 10. Particular when it is no problem for other program.
If it is then it is from Microsoft and have been there for ages.

Now I have tryed this on some frinds computers also and they also get the same problem. there is separat persons that have installed and setup the computers and I don’t believe all of us have done the same misconfiguration!

As I said two days ago:

I believe Olivia Rust is dealing with this already. Thanks NoSi.

What that animation do is what I did to get to this forum to get support!

Yes Olivia have got some logs and more information about this case yesterday after my last post.
What I also found out was that it seams that the eml files that was exports from the mails got the address converted so it shows up right when I did a preview of the sent eml files but it is still wrong in the to field in the mails. I have send her an example of that. :wink: So what I can understand there is sum viewing problem of the mailing address fields.

So it seams to that there is a viewing problem and that the view shows in wrong character set in some way.

Strange that the eml file seams to some way correct that characters in the xml export of the mail! 

Support from Program leads to this formum? Interesting – Excuse me, I did not know that.

I thought, this would lead to a dedicated support instead a user forum.

It depends on the type of license you have. If you have a Free License, you will be directed to this forum. If you have a Pro License, you will be directed to the support page for paid users.

And as I explained. I do not want to pay for a software before I see that it works for me. I have bad experience of that before.

I have tested a software and it did not work (other software then this) and then they tell me that I need to pay for it before they help me to get it fixed. When I pay they stop to responding for support. Because of this I always try a software and if I find problem with it I ask them to fix it before I by it. Other wise I walked to next software.

But I have also have problem with try versions that work but in limitation.  But totally stopped working with the pay license (Video format conversion software). No response what ever from the support.

So now I never pay for a web based software before I have a working version and I see that it is a healthy support for it. But even then It can be upcoming trouble wit new versions when things that works before stop working after auto upgrade of the software. So that is not my favourite particular when I can’t get it fixed.

So I want to see that everything works for longer time before I by!

Fortunately eM Client offers an excellent Free version; the only limitation being that you can’t use more than 2 email accounts. Nothing is disabled, so you get maximum scope to test before you buy. And for home users that is probably all they will ever need, so they end up with a decent email client for free.

Pro support is OK. It is not the fastest, but they are helpful. I don’t think you will find the same problem here that you have previously experienced, Per. eM Client are not going to abandon you once they have your cash. Well, I hope not.

My policy with software that I rely on for work, is that I usually like to wait and see if others have any difficulty before I update. I usually don’t do minor upgrades unless there is something specific that was added or fixed that I need.