I have problem with when tha name is showing up with national caractes that it shows up bad both when the heder is utf-8 and iso-8859-1. In the google Contact it shows right both wen sending and reciving. I hav also checked in the build in mail client in Windows 10 and it shows up right. it is the Swedish letters åäö ÅÄÖ and german ü.
Should be Ulf Finnas and Per Söderlund.
Should be Försäkringskassan.
Note that the subject showa up right with the national caracteras.
From: Sveriges Släktforskar förbund
To: Per Söderlund
I hope some one can look in to this.
Plese I did not realice the the e-mail would be visable! Can some one couprupted or deleta that parts so it is not catched by some one unapropriate. Please!
Does it still appear like this if you change the language in eM Client to Swedish?
Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Language
Yes all is set to Swedish!
I pasted your sample data into a header and this is what I get, with language set to English:
It is the same with Swedish, except of course the English words are in Swedish.
What version of eM Client are you using?
I ́m using eM Client 7.1.30794.0
And the trubbel is not when I send it is when I got e-mails from others. It shows up right in the webb and for example the Windows 10 mail client as I show here.
This is how it also shows up in the web client. For my mailserver.
I tried to reproduce it and was not successful. In versions going back to 6.0.24985 it displayed correctly. Could you try reinstalling eM Client? All your data will be safe, but make a backup first just to be sure.
Close eM Client and download the latest version from http://www.emclient.com/release-history
OK but I should tell you that I have 3 clients on the same mail account on different computers with exacly same version of eM Client but the differece is that two have Windows 7 and one Windows 10. Thay have all the same problem and is all seleced in the same language setup.
The only difference I can came up of the selection when I mail and get a reply whith wrong address shown up a for the Ulf mail. Is that I for eM Client in that case used the Google adressbok. But in this mail from Släktforskarförbundet it was only a receiver mail.
I have now reinstalled the Client with
Released: Wednesday, July 26, 2017
eM Client 7.1 Service Update
- Fixed touch scroll issues on some devices
- Fixed POP3 authentication issue with bt.com and a few other vendors
- Several fixes
OK. I sent you an email to your email address. Can you send me the file I requested, then I can see more where the problem lies.
I looked at all the emails, but I am unable to reproduce the problem.
It is a long shot because you have the same problem on all three computers, but could you try repairing your Inbox? Right-click on your Inbox and choose Properties > Repair.
Did not help sorry to say.
Did not think Repair would help, but was worth a suggestion anyway.
In a fresh install of Windows 10 (Set for English (UK)), with the latest release version of eM Client (set in English), the emls you sent me all appear correctly. eM Client is able to read the utf correctly.
So I don’t know what else to suggest. Sorry.
The question mark inside the square box point to a character set error. Windows typically uses this symbol for a character that is missing in the used font.
This is possibly a wrong set up of your standard system font.
Windows 10 and 7 one Win 7 system fresch install last 4 Days.
System default. Segoe UI
McAfee VSE 8.8 in all computers.
- No problem with the pane text as you see not the subject. It is only the sender and reciver names.
Received: from [IP] (vstps [IP])
by vstps.mine.nu with ESMTP (Mailtraq/22.214.171.12462) id VSTPC75A21DB
for mailaddress; Sun, 17 Dec 2017 10:30:09 +0100
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 09:30:08 +0000
I dont Think so because it shows up right in the Win 10 mailclient as you see as exaple erlier in this post.
See also that the web mail client shows up with the right text.
Befor sending this mail abow sees like this except for that the åäö ÅÄÖ was not written it the plane text area.