Preview and print attachements

Then blackout the personal information or wait for an attachment with no personal information…

Also, @cyberzork asked you a question that you have as yet to respond to about VERSION

sent it via email as I got an email from you so it is just between us. Version 8 also screen print of error.

I have no idea what you are referencing… I did not send you an email and I did not receive an email from you.

I would not want to handle this via email as posting it in this forum allows others to comment. With that in mind post it here and other volunteers can participate.

sorry it was cyberzork I sent the email to.

What is the exact version you are running?

1 Like

@dras2 That screenshot error restriction is when you are trying to view (attachments only) when you click the (3 dots) at the bottom left and yes would need to “upgrade to the pro version” to do that.

However there is other ways you can view (emails with attachments) with the free version in the different layout views. See below extract from the end of the below thread.

Delete multiple attachments - Mail - eM Client

(Extract from above thread)

With the free EMC version you can view & delete (all emails with attachments), by clicking the “Paper clip” icon at the top of the messages (Top right). Or click the “Received” Text at the top of the Subject and select “Attachments” on the menu, depending on what (Layout) view you are using.

I am running version 8 which I loaded in January of 2021

Do you know WHICH version 8? (Menu > Help > About)

The latest version in the Release History is 8.1.1060, but many users have 8.1.1087 which was given elsewhere on this forum.

Release 8.1.1087 (d63975c)
Just tried to open a 47k XL file and it errored out took 2 minutes to give error. How can I go back to release 7. Is there an archive for old releases? This problem has to go!

https://support.emclient.com/index.php?/default_import/Knowledgebase/Article/View/195/0/how-can-i-downgrade-back-to-em-client-7

1 Like

Thanks for this. I am worried that the complexity of doing this will lead to a loss of data and stuff that works. The best I can hope for is that EM client is getting enough detail about the bugs and will fix it.

When you go to open attachments instead of dblclicking on the attachment (hover your mouse) over it and click open.

Failing that right clicking on the XL attachment and save or save as instead to see if it will even save locally and open that way for a test.

If you also cannot save & open it, then you either have a program interfering with it, or you have a physical internet connection problem and your eg connection might be not stable enough.

What you have written here does not work. PDF, Word even small files 30K, XL files don’t always save or open. And either EM support or the user’s group have not helped is resolving the problem.

EM goes to save the file spins for 2 minutes and fails to open or save the file. SOMETIMES if you try a 2nd or 3rd time you might succeed in saving the files.

No one either EM support or this user forum have provided an answers and it looks like many people experience the same thing. And Yes this all started with Version 8 and I am looking for version 7 to solve the issue. I have never seen a roll out perform so poorly as the launch of V8 and I am an IT professional. Your Beta test failed to surface the bugs. As I read the forum I see that people with the paid version are having the same issues.

As I have mentioned else where. many people that have em client have moved away from outlook.
As a legal business we get thousands of emails every week with multiple attachments images and pdfs.
Some images are of documents and some pdf include only images.
The general public are not that savvy when it comes to sending stuff?
Case files can take years to process and emails generally have multiple pdf’s to their emails.
Often emails can include attachments from previous emails too
As a business we need a preview feature in em client to help us manage/sort, save time and be more effective with the case file folders.
Currently opening every file is in-efficient and is duplicating un-necessary tasks.
Can we take this issue a bit more seriously and just include a preview feature
Thanks.

viernes 24 septiembre 2021 :: 0828hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Stuckin1982

Totally agree 100%
It is an absolute necessity, so much so that we have developed our own work around

It is long overdue for eMC to develop this feature, it is one of the items that is
holding us back in the full adoption of eMC company wide.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

Hi,
I have also asked them about this obvious lack of feature but years go by.
Since the emClient crew is totally uninterested in this there is only one solution - BUY OUTLOOK!

Hi @skybat, I’m interested on workaround that you have developped. You may tell me more?
Thank you in advance!

One more vote for this feature. A function similar to Outlook would be great and super helpful, especially for PDFs. Outlook also allows you to play wav attachments within the email without ever having to open a program which is great because we get our voicemails as email attachments in WAV format.

1 Like

I want to add another vote for this feature.

I´m testing em client right now (30 day trial) as I´m thinking about changing form Outlook to em client.

The main feature I´m missing is the attachment preview. A real preview like in outlook of pdf where I can look at the file without opening it. And not just a small preview like em client has now with the images.

Also the option to print the attachment right from the email without opening ist. Although this is not as important as the preview.

I´m working with outlook daily and I use the preview of attachments nearly daily as well. Of course I could just open the files with an appropriate app (which I do if I have to work with them or want a closer look) but this is an unneccessary step I. It is much faster and easier to just check the previews.

Can the em client team give any feedback on how many people want this feature an if it is actually on a to do list? If so, can you give a clue as when you think you might be able to implement that feature?

Right now it is really the main reason why I have not decided to change yet and I would hate to buy a pro licence (which I need) an regret it later as the feature is never been implemented and I might change back to Outlook just for this feature.

3 Likes