Not receiving Outlook emails

sábado 25 septiembre 2021 :: 1331hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @grimley

I do not understand “no correlation” in Spanish it means:
“that there is no relationship between the two options”
If is the same in English please explain what you mean as it appears
to be a contradiction.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Free or paid version = same problem.

sábado 25 septiembre 2021 :: 1336hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @grimley

Then I would say that there “is a correlation” and not “no correlation”

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Whatever.
There will be a correlation between this bug and my request for a refund.

Yes, because the issue is at the server, not in eM Client. If you set up any other email application to connect to Outlook.com using oAuth, it will also fail.

Please read all my posts above. I have also given the method to setup the account without oAuth, so bypassing the server issue, and that will work regardless of the type of license you have for eM Client. Please also see the comments above from users who have already done that and confirm it is working.

But I encourage you to contact your provider for support, as this is a server issue, and not a client issue.

1 Like

Please read posts above as well. Your method to set up the account “without oAuth” does not function. The SMTP server “check” fails and the connection fails just as it does via auto-config. (“Fix” does nothing here for the SMTP error).

(Spark on Android uses oAuth and it connects without difficulty).
(Mailbird uses oAuth and it connects without difficulty).

The SMTP server check failed for me when I entered smtp-mail.outlook.com to set up a new account but there was an option to fix on the right hand side of the window where you enter SMTP details. Pressing the fix and confirming try this setting connected to the server for me. Hope this may help others trying to set up a temporary account too

Thunderbird also says it’s using oAuth, and works fine with Outlook emails

Can you please post a screenshot of the Thunderbird server settings?

sábado 25 septiembre 2021 :: 1448hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @grimley

Where is the correlation?

As you say ‘whatever’.
In Spanish we say ‘lo que’ with a colloquial/idiomatic connotation used when someone finds them self out of their depth.

Perhaps you can explain, how you plan to get a refund from Microsoft for a free email account?

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.grimley

You are most confused.
Have a nice day.

I seem to remember this happening in the past adn emclient sorted it out as I believe then it was their problem
Never mind they will have to get involved as their paying customers will soon complain

Thank You Gary,

These settings worked for me and now my outlook email works again.

I did have to into the settings after I recreated my new account and change the smtp port from 25 to 587.

Your help is deeply appreciated!

Not quite true @grimley. Using imap protocol does not work with mine. The error I get is that the imap-mail.outlook.com server has failed to respond after 30 seconds. Therefore, it won’t even accept my password.

I have tried Thunderbird v91 and Outlook from Office 19 with the same settings with the same results. Both keep prompting me for my password constantly, even though the password works perfectly on live.com.

My BlueMail client works fine. I stopped using it because eM Client is much faster.
Blue Mail works perfectly fine with current ActiveSync settings:

“Not quite true”?
I am reporting what is going on here. Your mileage will vary.
Good luck.

@Dentharg. Activesync is a different protocol. We don’t use that for messages in eM Client. Also, your Bluemail is not setup with oAuth either, as it uses a password. oAuth does not use a password.

This thread is about IMAP and oAuth, so something a bit different, but thanks for the info.

1 Like

That error has nothig to do with oAuth! This is in regard to images not being shown?

2 Likes

Most of us on this forum understand that it is very frustrating to you, a vendor, when Microsoft makes a change that causes your software not to work correctly. It is a difficult situation if you are dependent on the working interface.

I want to say thanks to eM Client and other users for addressing this issue by giving some work arounds until the situation gets resolved: 1. Using a browser to view Outlook.com accounts. 2. Opening a new Outlook.com account in eM Client by using the option of Mail / Other and entering IMAP and SMTP information (as shown in posts #15, #79) and using the option to fix on the right hand side of the window where you enter SMTP details if the SMTP dial keeps spinning (Post #86).

Microsoft’s Answers web site is now starting to show many users reporting the problem. Hopefully, this will get resolved soon.

In the meantime, I say thanks again.

3 Likes

sábado 25 septiembre 2021 :: 1624hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @grimley

It would help when you post if you will include the ‘user name’ of the person to whom you are replying.
Incidentally would you like the address of the moderator to make it easier for you to “report what is going on here”?

¡Buena suerte! a ti tambien.

Skybat
[email protected]