Not receiving Outlook emails

Outlook 2010 is not using IMAP with password either , just works

Hi Gary
 your solution works for me so I do receive emails but with that I can’t get Contacts and Calendar. What can I do then?

It may be using a very old form of oAuth that is working, just like with eM Client version 7.

martes 28 septiembre 2021 :: 1335hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Brian_Phillips1

You do not have a reference.
Who is your post for?

¥Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
ÂĄMis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

After i set up the accounts as described by you, eveything worked fine. And today? Again the same problems like before. Again & again sync errors. I tried with wifi & hotspot, no difference, both not working. Quite enoying.

Well thats enough for me.

The only thing that bothers me much, is how @Gary wasnt able ( or he does not want to ) reproduce the errors ( not o2auth ) but imap and sync settings just plain not working with emclient.

Its simple enough.

Im switching back to outlook 2016-2019.

Cheers everyone.

Well MS are not very helpful :rofl:

Abad (Microsoft) Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:43 PM GMT

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft support. Hope you are doing well. My name is Abad and I am your designated support advisor. I understand it would be frustrating when email are not received.

We are limited to Outlook.com webmail support.

Please refer to following article for server settings: POP, IMAP, and SMTP settings for Outlook.com (microsoft.com)

For further issues, please contact EM client support.

Stay safe and have a wonderful day!

​Regards,

Abad H.

Microsoft support

1 Like

Oh, I was able to reproduce the oAuth error, that is why I opened a support ticket with Microsoft on 24th, and they fixed it on my account.

In the meantime, I have given instructions for you to setup the account using username/password, so that you don’t have this issue until Microsoft fixes the issue globally for oAuth authentication.

If it is not working, can you please post a screenshot of the IMAP tab for your account, which you will find in Menu > Accounts, and I can see if there is something that is causing a different issue.

martes 28 septiembre 2021 :: 1502hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @LLoskka

You say: “It’s simple enough”

Why do you feel you need to criticise and accuse @Gary in a very unfair and unpleasant way?
If it was in fact ‘simple enough’ you would have solved the issue yourself.

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Microsoft confirmed that there is not issue with OAuth that is affecting my account. Is OAuth failing because of your certificates?

I have also been able to check this account with the Android app, MacOS mail app, iOS mail App, iPadOS mail app
 they all use OAuth and have no issue.

Again, it is your certificate that is being rejected when the authentication callback is being called, for example? Can you also clearly explain, if that is the case, when you plan to replace your certificate with a new one?

Or what is the specific problem and what is being done in order to address this issue?

I don’t understand why free applications work and yours, which I paid for, is still requiring me to track this issue.

Thanks for the reply “LuisFTV”. I was just curious. I followed Gary’s instructions and it worked great! However it did not work the first two attempts but when I re-booted my computer on the third try the account came alive.

Thanks again!

I’ve been using the Pro version of eMClient for the past 7 years.I do not like their response that its not “my” fault and for us to call Microsoft. That’s not an acceptable answer. eMClient should be working with Microsoft to get this fixed. eMClient solution to manually set IMAP/SMTP works for getting mail, but you lose access to the calendar and contacts within eMClient.

4 Likes

macgd016 and Gary:

I do agree with macgd016 with regards to his point that eM Client should actively be trying to resolve this problem with Microsoft. Using eM Client’s position that we, the eM Client users, set up our Outlook email accounts with Microsoft and therefore should be dealing with Microsoft to resolve the issue, let’s take that to the next higher level.

Many of us paid eM Client, as Pro accounts, to use eM Client’s software to be an interface to several of our email accounts. That means people who have Pro accounts have a contract with eM Client to provide us a service. That eM Client service is not working properly using oAuth with Microsoft for whatever reason, and that means eM Client should be working with Microsoft to restore that oAuth service. Here is an analogy. Let’s assume I buy a product that is 1,000 miles from me and I pay a trucking company to pick up that product and deliver it to me. If something goes wrong with the shipping, I don’t call the product manufacture, I call the shipping company. Em Client is my shipping company to bring me my Outlook email.

Yes, eM Client has provided a work-around that allows us to receive our Outlook emails. But, it is not done using oAuth which is a security feature we are paying for, and it does not easily provide calendars and contacts as mentioned above by Tampaman.

So, all we are asking for is that eM Client take a very active roll with Microsoft to resolve this oAuth issue for your users regardless who has to change something in the interface process. You have better access to reach Microsoft personnel than we do.

I thank you for listening and hope you will consider how we, your users, look at this situation.

6 Likes

@Maxc

Hi Gary
 your solution works for me so I do receive emails but with that I can’t get Contacts and Calendar. What can I do then?

After you have removed and re-setup your Outlook, Hotmail or Live Mail acct via the manual instructions above @Gary wrote (which worked for you), to then get contacts, go online to your webmail and export your contacts to a eg: .csv or .vcf on your computer. Then go to contacts in eM Client and you can import those to your local contacts via eg: “Menu / File / Import” to use in the meantime till your Microsoft cloud contacts are working again. I’ve done today for friends using eM Client on PC & Mac.

Note: If you do import a eg: Contacts.CSV file, eMClient will ask you to matchup the heading name fields (above the contact names) part way through the import. So you just click each heading nane above each contact going along till you match them all up.

Now with the calendar, some online web calendars “can also be exported” to an eg .ICS file and then imported locally into eM Client calendar for use (in the interim), but I haven’t done that for years but should still be able to be done. Check yr calendar export options online.

This will not sync the contacts, and most likely not the calendar as well. Not practical long-term, as we have no idea of when this will be fixed, unfortunately.

Just add the account twice. One time with the manual settings for e-mail, and a second time using OAUTH for the calendar and contacts (uncheck e-mail when setting up the account to not have it duplicated).

2 Likes

Please remember that the ‘certificate’ is issued by MS when you register your email account via EM Client

The certificate belongs to Microsoft, and they are rejecting it.

Can you please provide a screenshot showing that the account is setup with oAuth. If it has username/password, it IS NOT oAuth.

Please setup the account as I have described above. This will be setup the same way as it is in your other applications and it will work in eM Client.

@Gary read @Laurel_Valley

@skybat no tienes ni la menor idea, de lo que se estĂĄ cociendo aquĂ­, tu verĂĄs, espabila

martes 28 septiembre 2021 :: 1937hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @LLoskka

I write in English because it is the main language on the Forum and more important as a courtesy to other users.
I am awake; as you claim I have no idea what is going on - please enlighten me and anyone else that is reading this so that we can share your insight.

ÂĄBuena suerte!

Skybat
[email protected]

Gary, I know we are waiting for MS to respond, but any idea on a time when this situation will be resolved?

1 Like