Not receiving Outlook emails

Sorry to be repetitive Gary ?
But, what is the Benefit of oAuth ?
As I am happy to leave it as it is manually configured :slight_smile:

Still not working for me.

1 Like

Not on my pc its still not working

1 Like

In eM Client go to Menu > File Work Offline, then go to Menu > File > Work Online. It should reconnect immediately.

ā€œIn eM Client go to Menu > File Work Offline, then go to Menu > File > Work Online. It should reconnect immediately.ā€

I can go to Menu > File Work Offline but there is no Menu > File > Work Online option, only the ability to untick 'Offline". This doesnā€™t work. Iā€™m using 8.2.1473.

mine does not work as well, still with ā€œconnection failedā€

Does not workā€¦offiline/onlineā€¦

It could be a geographical thing. Depending on what they had to do to fix it, it could take some time to be rolled out globally.

Gary, thank you very much for all the support and patience youā€™ve shown over the past few days. All I can say is that the creating a non-OAuth account solution has worked for me on both my Hotmail and Outlook accounts. I am a Pro user, but we get abandoned by eM Client as well, so Iā€™m very grateful for your help.
Best wishes

1 Like

Is this anything to do with it? I realise this is from a 365 business account but may have some relevance?

Exchange Online and Basic Auth ā€“ September 2021 Update

We're making some changes to improve the security of your tenant. We announced in 2019 we would be retiring Basic Authentication for legacy protocols, and in early 2021 we announced we would begin to retire Basic Authentication for protocols not being used in tenants, but not disable Basic Authentication for any in-use protocols until further notice. 

Today, we are announcing that we are restarting the program to end the use of Basic Auth in Exchange Online. Beginning October 1, 2022, we will begin to disable Basic Auth in all tenants, regardless of usage.
We previously communicated this change via several Message Center posts: MC191153 (Sept. ā€˜19), MC204828 (Feb. ā€˜20), MC208814 (April ā€˜20) and MC237741 (Feb. ā€˜21) and you can always read the latest information about our plans to turn off Basic Authentication here.
Beginning early 2022, as we roll out the changes necessary to support this effort, we are also going to begin disabling Basic Auth for some customers on a short-term and temporary basis.
We will randomly select tenants and disable Basic Auth for all protocols for a period of 12-48 hours. After this time, these protocols will be re-enabled, if the tenant admin has not already re-enabled them using our self-service tools.
During this time all clients and apps that use Basic Auth in that tenant will be affected, and they will be unable to connect. Any client or app using Modern Auth will not be affected. Users can use alternate clients (for example, Outlook on the Web instead of an older Outlook client that does not support Modern Auth) while they upgrade or reconfigure their client apps.
How this will affect your organization:
If you receive a Message Center post between now and October 2022, informing you that we are going to disable Basic Auth for a protocol due to non-usage, or you get one saying we know you are using Basic Auth, but we intend to proactively disable it for a short period of time, and you donā€™t want us to disable specific protocols, you can use the new self-service feature in the Microsoft 365 admin center to opt-out and request that we leave specific protocols enabled until October 2022. We added this feature to help minimize disruptions as you transition away from using Basic Auth.
We will disable Basic Authentication beginning October 2022, and once that happens, users in your tenant will be unable to access their Exchange Online mailbox using Basic Authentication.
Read more here.
View this message in the Microsoft 365 admin center

1 Like

Managed to fix both @outlook and @hotmail accounts by going to manual account settings and using
HOTMAIL IMAP Incoming Mail Server
Server hostname imap-mail.outlook.com
HOTMAIL SMTP Outgoing Mail Server
Server hostname smtp-mail.outlook.com
Then test connection. IMAP is OK pretty soon but SMTP fails. Click on Fix button and allow credentials when required.
After some time (several minutes) EM fixed connection and now I cane read all my messages.

For several days now, the EmClient 8.2 denies IMAP synchronization with my outlook account. I activated the protocol window and got a crash report, see below. What is wrong? Why so suddenly? Beforehand it worked fine.

--------------------- crash report ----------------------------

ā€¦ [IMAP] MailClient.Accounts.AuthenticationAbortedException: Authentifizierung abgebrochen
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.ConnectInternalAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.ConnectInternalAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnectionAsync(Folder mailFolder, Boolean noSelect)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionContext.CreateContextAsync(ImapAccount account)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.ListFoldersAsync(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass14_1.b__0(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<.ctor>b__0(WorkerStatus ws, CancellationToken ct)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
ā€” End of stack trace from previous location ā€”
at MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.FolderSynchronizerExtensions.SynchronizeSubfoldersAsync(IFolderSynchronizer synchronizer, Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.SynchronizeIntAsync(Boolean forced)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.SynchronizableMailAccount.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.EnqueueGetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, Action`1 completed)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.GoOnlinePre()
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.GoOnlinePre()
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.GoOnlineInt()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.ChangeOnlineState(Boolean online, OfflineReason offlineReason)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.GoOnline()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountList.<>c__DisplayClass19_1.b__1()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntryUnsafe(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

I had similar problem recently.Red triangles. Reinstalled latest version ā€¦no effect still broken. Tried Microsoft Mail and Thunderbird and they were OK as POP and IMAP settings were exactly the same in all clients.
As a final try I uninstalled Em Client (latest two versions) totally / cleaned up drive left overs. Then installed version 8.2.1466 and it worked like a dream. Declined update to later versions.
Hope this helps.

Just curious but after performing these 25 steps do you have Microsoft Calendar, Contacts etc.?

I set up as IMAP. Get the emails but no contacts.

Robin

Please see my solution above, with the yellow background. The issue is with Microsoft oAuth and I provided a workaround as soon as I could.

If it is working in MailBird with oAuth, please provide a screenshot of the IMAP settings, including the authentication method, so we can see if it is any different to what we have tried. If it is setup in MailBird using username/password, then it is not using oAuth. The method I gave above to manually setup the account in eM Client also doesnā€™t use oAuth, and so works.

Incidentally, I reported this issue to Microsoft on Friday for my personal Outlook.com account. It is now fixed and working as normal. I suggest anyone who hasnā€™t reported it, please contact your provider and have them fix it for you.

Still broken for me.

Yes, I got into the same malfunction. The solution from Gary is not applicable for me, because I have a calendar and all my contacts on my outlook.cz account. When does eM Client intend to solve this problem? The problem is clearly on their side because other clients work without a problem. Itā€™s starting to remind me of the same fairy tale is with S / MIME certificates on the MAC OS eMClient. Problem known for several years, but nothing. If I lit a cigar with my money for an eMClient Pro license, I would probably do better.

I had the issue starting Friday and this Monday the eM Client has started working again with my Hotmail account. It looks like Microsoft is taking action.

1 Like

Iā€™ve contadted microsoft technical support yestarday butnot response. The workaround doesnā€™t work for me presume for the two steps securityā€¦ and i think this fail in outlook accounts seems to be for long