New eM Client 5 is now officially released!

I am sorry - I was out of the office past few days but I have already sent you the latest version of eM Client which should fix the CalDAV issue.
As regards the IMAP problems - please send us your IMAP logs. Then I will be able to advice you further.

When it happens again, please run the tool available from http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstack… after the freeze happens. It should generate a log file (starting with “eM Client Stack” in your Documents folder) that will help us analyze the problem in more detail. Please send this file directly to me at [email protected] Thank you.

I actually think George is doing a fairly good job. I agree that some of his responses could be improved, and with some of my requests, he has not continued discussing them after a reply or two. Considering how much customer feedback he’s addressing, I can understand this.

George, regarding what you could do to improve, here are a couple of thoughts:
-If you state that a request has been implemented for the next release, it would be helpful to know when the next release would be. Also, a link to a pre-release version with the fix would also be convenient. (Some of the existing bugs are quite troublesome.)
-I noticed some of your responses say that ideas/requests are impossible when they are not and users know it. I think you should clarify; saying they’re impossible is not true. It would instead be better to say why you won’t consider the ideas.

Any news on this prioritised list of feature requests?

George, I would also like to know the answer to Bill’s above question. This is very important to me as a potential customer, because there are some significant design flaws that I would not want to tolerate as a paying customer.

Thanks George (but your text about having ‘already sent you the latest…’ could lead a reader to assume you sent that email sometime before replying to this thread. You sent the email at the same time as replying here!

Anyhow- the main thing is - the update has fixed my issues… CalDav sync to my mac server works a treat - and there are no IMAP issues in my setup. So thankyou for that. I’m still hesitant at handing over cash given the communications issues that seem to be arising on here… but I don’t think I have much choice…

Fantastic e-mail client – BUT it’s been 2 years that I’m waiting for a way to hide the toolbars, menu bar, editing toolbar, etc… This is really a drag, especially on the mail compose window. Half of the vertical space on my compose window is taken by things I don’t use. How can I just get a To, CC and a simple text box?? I’d love to switch to eM Client, but tend to fall back to Thunderbird only because I don’t have the option to streamline the UI.
I don’t mind even a hack, please give us that option!
–Mel.

I am sorry - it is not possible at the moment.

I like NOT HIDING menu bars, tool bars, etc. Menu selections are there to remind you about functions that you don’t often use, but might in the future. If they don’t show up when you go to make a frequent selection, you won’t remember they are there when you need them.

Here’s a partial work-around: If you select the message to be plain text (Tools>Format) the text formatting menu is not displayed.

Hello,

hiding toolbars are not planned same as customizable toolbars.

regards
Jan