New eM Client 5 is now officially released!

When I do not reply to a topic it requires complex testing or a developer assistance. I am sure there are few cases when I forgot to reply - in this case do not hesitate to remind me.
Also keep in mind, that this forum is for FRee users - since you have purchased PRO version you can contact our VIP support where most of problems is resolved within 48 hours.

What version are you using? I have tested it right now and it works OK.

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: What about the contacts on the right ?

I’m using 5.0.17263.0

Command path: Export -> “Export to .eml files”. When opened, only the folders in the current account is expanded (I have 4 active) and when I select “Check all” it automatically selects all folders in that account only. Can be verified by expanding another account which wasn’t expanded, then you see that the folders in this other account aren’t selected. If you now select “Check all” again the newly expanded folders will be selected too.

Thanks for the response George…

Is there a list of the the features you guys are considering? Is this an open list where your customers can give input?

I would really like to know what the higher priorites are over adding LinkedIn support the same as you do with Facebook, especially given:

1. LinkedIn is business and isn’t that what eM Client is targeting, to be an Outlook replacement?
  2. I can get this feature in Outlook
  3. Many third-party contact plugins support this (but you guys don’t support plug-ins)
  4. Other customers have been asking for this feature
  5. Your competitors are already doing it (take a look at Email Tray - that’s the one thing that product does VERY wel)

Since you don’t support plug-ins, this goes back to my other post asking if there are plans to expand the Contact providers so that I can get what I need from an existing product.

I get the impression George that you don’t understand what I’m asking about, since eM Client already does half of what I’m asking. There seems to be a growing industry around what I’m asking for in products like Xonbi, OpenContacts, etc (the list goes on). There is so much eM Client does “right” (like the contact pane which for me makes up for the lack of conversation view), adding a FULL (versus the current half implemented) Social Network support would make it complete.

If the only response I receive to a feature request is going to be “no, we’re doing other things”, then my response will be “no, I won’t spend my money here”.

Good reminder, thx! :slight_smile:

It is very strange - I have tested it in exactly the same manner as you did and all subfolders was checked. I will discuss it with our developers.

I noticed that I do not have anymore the pop up window with SMTP error concerning one of my accounts. I’m very happy about this, because I had to “analyze” and fix more than 10 times a day, every day

I too am concerned that they aren’t interested in customer feedback :frowning:

The fact that the don’t respond to the any of the praise with even just a ‘thank you’ is a little strange :confused:

I just tried to do what you described, and clicking on a triangle icon to expand a different folder does not cause you to lose focus from the folder or message you’re currently looking at.

Hopefully that helps.

Well, George’s lousy customer service is just costing eM Client money. I was about to purchase two license, but with his responses, why should I bother. From what he says, eM Client has “higher priority” things to do than what their customes are asking. And he won’t even help me/us understand what they are considering higher priority. Heck, maybe those features are great and I’d agree, but as it is, there doesn’t seem to be any interest in customer feedback.

Honestly though, after reading back through old comments, I find George has some pretty bad responses. Sometimes other employees correct him too, so my hope is it’s just George and not eM Client. Maybe at some point eM Client will get better support too.

George,

Suppose I don’t have a bug to report, but rather just would like some feature implemented or some option added, and so forth (see my comment much earlier in this thread, for some examples). Would my purchasing a license carry any more weight – i.e., would I have a better chance of getting them implemented – if I bought a license and asked for a feature on the VIP forum?

Cheers,

Bill

I am very sorry but we simply cannot make global changes based on a small number of requests. When a significant number of customers want something, we always try to accommodate them and that is why Hotmail and Exchange support, Archiving and e.g. Conversation view has higher priority than other features. I can assure you that all your ideas posted here on the forum are followed but as I said before, their implementation depends on number of customers who will require it.
As regards my bad responses - I admit that I can make a mistake but I think no one is infallible. Can you please send me (at [email protected]) links on the threads with my bad responses? I would like to know what I did wrong. Thank you.

Actually, each of our developers has his own list of feature requests but I will collect it for you and post it here on the forum.

Actually George, I would say you don’t have to look very far to find an example of a “lousy” response from you - this whole thread and your responses in particular. It’s clear you are treating customer feedback as an inconvenience rather than an opportunity. When a customer is telling you they are ready to buy multiple licenses and then changes their mind because of YOUR response, what does that tell you?

You make it sound as if I am asking for some totally off-the-wall feature. I’m asking when the feature already in the application is going to be finished. eM Client already pulls contact info from Facebook. I’m asking when is it going to pull from LinkedIn too? Is that REALLY so out there? Is that really just me asking? If you really think it’s a handful of people, then you (and/or eM Client) is not doing your homework! There’s a whole new industry called Contact Management that does this. I thought eM Client was trying to do that? (As I said, it’s half-way implemented already!)

Thanks to your responses on this thread and all but one of my other posts, I have just given up on eM Client and now moving to web email. There are many products that do a full implementation (unlike eM Client), such as RainMaker, WriteThat.name, OpenContacts, Rapportive, Xobni (now Smartr) and I’m sure there’s more. Do you really think you are justified in saying a “small number of people wanting this”?

It’s eM Client’s loss, not mine.

No disrespect Richard, but I checked, and other than it being mentioned in this thread, there were only two requests about LinkedIn support – one from you and one from another person.

Since the update to 5.0.17263.0, my email has been slow. Accessing my contacts when creating a new email is slow to respond. Opening any attachments like pdf takes forever to open. Just wondering if anyone is having the same problems. It just freezes the computer till it opens

I’ve also noticed that it takes a second or two after having created a new email before the name matching on contacts starts to work. A timeout or a bug?

Haven’t seen any problems with attachments though. Could the problem with PDF be because of Adobe Reader? I’m using Foxit Reader nowadays and it’s a lot faster and better than that Adobe hog.

I’m using version 5.0.17263.0.

I’m still waiting to hear back from George on the terrible CalDAV/CardDav bug. Plus it seems to have frequent problems communicating with my IMAP server (Mac Mountain Lion) reliably. No other machine in the office has difficulty (and they communicate via IMAP for the most part).

Not good. Both on the bugs and on the lack of communication.