Multiple reply templates with file attachments

Hi,

I was using Outlook 2010 with template phrases addin, since I get many emails that ask similar questions or want similar files, I was able to just reply to the email and select a list of templates that I had already created, is this possible with eM Client?

Hi, yes sure, you can create templates and even setup a default template for new email/reply’s or forwards.
Just go to Tools > Settings > Mail > Templates and Signatures.

I hope this helps,
Paul.

Hi, I’m trying to solve the similar problem - but I need to have more than only one template for reply.
For example - I need to have prepared templates for most standard questions of my customers.
If smbd will ask for a standard question, I will choose one of the prepared templates.

But, more selection from the templates is possible only for a “New Mail”. For the replay and forward I can select only default (customisabled) template.

Or, if there is any possibility, please, tell my how to do it.

Thanks a lot
Vaclav

Hi Václav, unfortunately it is currently not possible to create a reply from a selected template unless it is set as a default reply template for the specified account, however we’re considering adding the feature into future releases.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul

However, if you’d like to use custom replies in the meantime, setup your replies as signatures, that way you can select the signature to be added to your reply based on the received query.

Hope this helps,
Paul

OK, good idea… :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

I definitely support this idea. Find it really pain in ass to copy paste template from new email instead of having an option to insert chosen template directly in reply form.

Thank you, the idea with signatures might work temporarly :slight_smile:

Hi, glad it helps, hope we’ll be able to improve this with upcoming releases.

Regards,
Paul

I would like to know why this option (to choose from different templates when replying to an email), which was announced as early as 2015, still does not exist in 2023?
I believe that this is an absolutely basic feature and ask for this possibility to be integrated very soon!!!
I thought eM Client was better than The Bat (where promises were also made for years without being implemented)!

You can create as many templates as you wish in Menu > Settings > Mail > Templates and signatures. Then you can choose which ones to use per account, for new, replies and forwards.

Unfortunately you can’t change a template while you are alreading composing a message. You need to set it in advance in your settings and save that for use in all future messages.

Why has this not been implemented to date?

Otherwise, yes, I am thrilled with eM Client. Thank you very much for this great program :slight_smile:

Because a template is complex. It changes the recipient address, subject, attachments and a whole lot in the CSS for the message and that could have undesirable results if you changed it while already composing a message. For that reason, it needs to be set ahead of time.

OK - thank you for your quick response :slight_smile:

Why don’t you get inspired by an example of an application where this is solved in an exemplary way? Look how its done in The Bat!. I bet you want and you can do it even better, can’t you?:wink:

1 Like

You can do this in the upcoming version 10 using Quick Actions.

So with a single click, or keyboard shortcut, you can start a new message and automatically perform these steps:

or reply like this:

Its very configurable, so you can choose from any of these actions: