More Hotmail issues now I can send, but can't receive

I’m already using the work-around for my hotmail account to em client. Now I can send, but can’t receive. Please advise?

Robbo

1 Like

Hello. Rather similarly this morning I found that I could neither send nor receive Hotmail via eM Client, but it still works if I go back to Outlook, which is how I have managed to join. Gmail is OK.

1 Like

Same issue. I’ve been using the workaround and from Desktop em client I can’t receive emails and I’m not sure if I can send them - they appear to go but as I don’t receive the email I sent I’m not sure.

Error message is: '[IMAP] Known Microsoft Exchange server error “User is authenticated but not connected.” has been encountered on IMAP connection. This issue is temporary and should be automatically resolved by the server. If not, please contact your mail provider."

1 Like

Same problem here. There is a page here IMAP error 'User is authenticated but not connected' - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software that says it’s Microsoft’s fault, again :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m getting pretty fed up with the issues with my hotmail account. Are you guys thinking of switching to an alternative and if so which one? Any recommendations?

2 Likes

Yes, I was thinking of going back to Thunderbird to be honest, which works out of the box for Microsoft email (Hotmail/Exchange etc). eMC blame Microsoft but it doesn’t help us does it? eMC is commercial software; I expected better tbh. MailBird is pretty good too.

1 Like

Mozilla have now also provided a workaround for this same issue, so they are not unaffected. That is because the issue is with the Microsoft servers, not the email applications.

Gary, I just installed MailBird. I added my Hotmail account. It sent and received messages with no issues whatsoever using the Microsoft mail servers. Why can’t eMC do this?

MailBird even says "oAuth2 only works with Google, MS 365, and Yahoo, so it doesn’t use oAuth2 for Hotmail - it uses username/password/SSL-TLS. Why can’t eMC do that?

2 Likes

If I use eM Client to send a test message from my Gmail address to my Hotmail address that appears as sent in eM Client and as received in Outlook but not in eM Client.

If I use eM Client to send a test message from my Hotmail address to my Gmail address that appears as received in eM Client and as sent in Outlook but not in eM Client.

Also I cannot do what I often do and move a Hotmail email from Drafts to a local folder in eM Client.

1 Like

Hallole,
Ich möchte alles auf emClient umstellen, da mir dort die Adress Verwaltung besser gefällt.
Ich arbeite auch noch mit dem Outlook, als Sicherheit. Dort funktioniert alles einwandfrei,
Leider führt das emClient keine Verbindung mit dem Server aus. Habe schon deinstalliert und alles ausprobiert. Es funktioniert einfach nicht.
Weiß jemand einen Rat ??
Beste Grüße Knut

Das Problem liegt im Moment bei Microsoft. Eine vorübergehende Lösung ist die Verwendung von Web-E-Mail (outlook.com).

[The problem is with Microsoft at the moment. A temporary fix is to use web email (outlook.com). ]

Hello Knut1, as I see it a connection between eM Client and the servers still exists but it is defective. So I find that eM Client can still be used to send and receive Hotmail, but those actions are not registered in its Sent and Inbox folders.

1 Like

If it were Microsoft’s problem then mail clients like MailBird and Thunderbird would not work, and they work fine with Hotmail.

1 Like

habe ein .hotmail.com adresse und die funktioniert einwandfrei.
die [email protected] funktioniert nicht sie syncronisiert auch nicht die malils. die letzte Mail war vom 4.2. und ich bekomme jeden tag geschäfts mails
gruß knut

I’ve just gone ahead and sent out a Hotmail circular, that is to multiple recipients, and I did that through eM Client in my usual way, and it has gone and I have had responses, the only problem being that I can see it all when I go to Outlook but none of it has registered in the Sent and Inbox folders in eM Client. So I plan to carry on like that for now, and hope that somebody will put that problem right.

1 Like

Hello,
I couldn’t work like this, constantly signing into outlook to check if emails have gone or if I received any. I really like the em layout, but it has been lumpy for some weeks now?

So is there likely to be a fix for this problem?

Robbo

1 Like

Sorry to keep repeating, but I’ve tried 4 different mail clients today and they all work with Hotmail properly. I do not understand how Microsoft can be blamed for this problem when other such clients function ok. I cannot seem to get a reply from eMC when I ask this question. Hotmail etc do not use oAuth2, so therefore just use a username/password instead. This is what MailBird does for example.

4 Likes

At the risk of sounding thick… what would happen if we undo the workaround. Might it all start working again?

I tried that first and it seemed to work for a few hours,now once again unable to send from hotmail account via eM Client 9.2###

So undoing the workaround might solve part of the problem?