Mobile alternatives

Any ETA on development of the mobile app?

I really enjoy the free version & I’ll be upgrading soon to the Pro version. Although I may rethink this if the mobile app isn’t up & running.

Why necessarily eM Client on Android/iOS? There are already some good mail clients there, such as AquaMail (Android) and Preside (iOS). It would be a lot of work to bring eMC up to their level. IMHO, this work would be better done on the desktop versions. It’s not like there isn’t work to be done there. Especially since eMClient won’t be able to bring that much of a difference compared to the already existing mail clients.

It’s one of the advantages of (more or less) open standards: you can use the SW that suits you best on each platform. For me, these are MailMate (macOS, IMAP and Exchange via DavMail), eM Client (macOS, Exchange), AquaMail (Android) and, if I were still using iOS, Preside. All purchased.

4 Likes

Thanks MBrasch for the response.

What would you recommend then for Android. I’m willing to pay for an app on my cell because it’s important to me.

The iOS phone Mail app works great with pretty much any type of account and for Android obviously if you have Gmail use their app and Microsoft accts use Outlook app. For other Android use I also like Blue mail or Aquamail.

But would rather ultimately use eM Client app when developed for Android and iOS.

I think, for Android and iOS is the best app Nine by 9Folders. Expecialy for EAS accounts. It synchronizes mail (supports push), calendar, contacts. IMAP works fine.

1 Like

My preferred Android app for email is FairEmail, open source and packed with features. My calendar app is aCalendar+ (for synchronised CalDAV calendars across devices, using DAVx5). No advertisement here, the ratings in Google Play are sufficient.

2 Likes

I think, mobile client should support Exchange ActiveSync protocol. FairEmail lacks it. Nine supports it. There is realy good client Samsung Email for Samsung mobile owners, which supports EAS too.

@Michal_Burger, can you confirm if an Android/iOS version is still in development? I just want to make sure the project wasn’t scrapped while I’m still holding out hope for it. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes I also hope the eM Client Mob app is still going to be developed and will put my hand-up to Beta test that if it’s still in the pipeline :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, I can confirm that, it is closer than ever. It is now our highest priority. We’ll come up with a preview/alpha/beta in couple of weeks, so stay tuned :-).

5 Likes

When do ypu expect a client for the android platform?

Thanks

Is the approximate date of publication of the mobile version of eM Client already known? Our company with 20 licenses is looking forward to got it available. We consider it as a kind of milestone in the use of eM Client.

@Michal_Burger, I just want to let you know that if you’re close to a preview/alpha/beta and need/want someone to test it out that I am happy to throw my hat in the ring. I promise I’m not trying to hound you or harp on this. I’m just really excited for the mobile app. :smiley:

1 Like

I would love to try out the mobile app soon as well. I recently started using Spark mail, which is really good so far on mobile, but was bummed to hear that their windows version isn’t released yet. Another thing that they’re missing are labels, which are crucial to sorting emails effectively to not get them lost in the shuffle.

Also from my side @Michal_Burger: I would love to help you test some nightly versions of the mobile app :slight_smile:

@Michal_Burger I’m in for the beta. Its been over 3 months since this post. Is the preview/alpha/beta out yet for android?

It takes a bit more time than we expected, but the preview version is now really just a few weeks away.

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to it!

Any further update on a preview version of the mobile client?

We are now at 5 weeks since your post “the preview version is now really just a few weeks away”. Is there any update on the preview/alpha/beta for android?

2 Likes