Make unread emails more visible

Simple to do I guess. Ways to make unread emails more visible.
I would like the whole segment of the unread email highlighted (the same as when you click on a particular email it gets highlighted to stand out). Options to change the colour for unread emails would be good.

4 Likes

Ways to make unread emails more visible.

You can see all the unread messages directly in the “Favourites” folder at the top left of eM Client. Go to “Menu / Settings / General” and click the box "Show Favourites. Then Save and close at the top left. You will then see Unread folder appear.

The unread messages are normally all highlighted and easy to distinguish (in bold) using the default lighter themes in eM Client.

However as you don’t see the unread messages very well, then suggest to try changing the Theme to a different one by going to "Menu / Settings / Appearance / Themes. There is a lot of different eM Client supplied themes there.

Also there is user created themes which can also make the unread messages stand out more.

1 Like

Yeah I already did that. I just wanted the unread emails to stand out more. Similar to when you click on an email it makes it a darker shade.
I have changed my theme to Blue Light, the only theme that makes unread stand out more. The lighter themes make it worse.
Here’s hoping the EM team sort it out as an option. Easy programming right?

2 Likes

Did you ever find a solution for this? Ive browsed a bunch of posts about the same thing and apparently there has been no replies from the devs?

1 Like

I also agree that making the font bold is not enough for distinguishing the unread email. The colorful dot on the left also makes the list too crowded. Being able to specify a light shade for the item background (similar to when you select an email but lighter as OP mentioned) would be great!
BTW, I’m new to eM Client after trying almost everything out there and I already love it. Props to devs and prod managers.

Please see my comment here:

2 Likes

You link to user created themes but there is literally no way to change the appearance of unread emails in the theme editor. I have tried.

It’s a shame we have to wait for version 10 for this feature. It seems like it should be a core function of an email client. Very disappointing.

I gave the exact entries to change here.

To find out how to edit a theme, see: Design your own eM Client | eM Client

…in version 10 you mean? That’s no good to me when I have multiple email accounts and can only get a “Trial” of the version 10 beta.

Yes, users asked for this function, so we have implemented it in the upcoming version 10.

If you want to test it ahead of the release, please see: eM Client 10 BETA | eM Client

Any estimate on a release date for version 10?

It’s pretty annoying that I upgraded to version 9 in January and now I’m already waiting to pay again to fix something which wasn’t a problem in version 8.

If version 8 was working for you, then you can use it again. Just follow the downgrade instructions here.

If you have any issues with 9, as you have a Pro license please open a support ticket with us. You will find the Get VIP Support option in Menu > Help.

However this topic is not about issues, but about a new feature request. We have listened to what users want, and are providing this new function in version 10.

1 Like

Right yeh, downgrade to version 8. Great solution. Bye!