.mailboxlist

I have a folder in my em client called .mailboxlist.

I can rename the folder but if I delete it, it instantly re-appears.

I asked my server host to delete it from the server, but it re-appears again.

Whenever emclient polls the server I get the mail, then it continues polling for about 20s and returns the error: can’t open the folder RT/.mailboxlist/ not a valid mbox file.

This problem continues to occur. The server tech guys don’t have any suggestions for a solution. Looks like I need to stop emclient trying to sync with a folder which is really a file, but I have no way to do that in emclient settings.

If I can’t find a solution, I will have to change email clients in order to stop the incessant error message popups?!

Do you use Thunderbird?  You may want to do a little research, but it seems to be related to TB.

Hi Jay
I used to use TB but switched a couple of years ago to eM, which has never been installed on this computer.

Hello Roger,

What version of eM Client are you using?

Could you please send me the operation logs when the error occurs to [email protected]? You will find them in Menu > Tools > Operations. Mark all rows with CtrlA and copy-paste them into a .txt file. 

I would also recommend you to try deleting the dot “.” from the folder name. Using these characters caused troubles while deleting folders before.

Russel Markosky
eM Client