Mail message load is slow

It is very frustrating to have to wait anywhere from 7-60 seconds for the content of an e-mail to load. I really love the look and functionality of the program, and am willing to buy a license, but not if it takes this long to open a message. Outlook and Thunderbird don’t have this issue. I have a high end computer that I use for graphics, so I know it has nothing to do with the computer or my internet access. I am using a gmail account. I have deleted the account and re-added it, but to no avail. I have checked the offline option as well, but again no help.

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Like

See this thread:

I’m having the same problem with emails loading very slowly and I think it’s time for eM Client to take this seriously. I have been using eM Client for 4-5 years and only recently I started experiencing this problem. Nothing in my system has change that could be used to explain why the emails load really slowly, up to 30 min sometimes. It is not my internet connection and it’s nothing in my computer. I have two accounts in eM Client, one is an Exchange account and the emails load instantly. The second one is a gmail account and it is the one loading excruciatingly slowly. I do have ticked the download messages for offline use. And it has nothing to do with the size of the messages or attachments.

I am facing the same problem, I am running eM Client in both my Macs… I’ve seen older threads on the same topic, and it is making me think twice about moving from my regular Apple Mail app, which is not as pretty or customizable, but works just fine when loading messages. I do not see any reply from anybody in the developer team, so I guess this is just a place where people having the same issue vent their frustration and it stays at that… oh well…

same here. I’m having problems with loading attachments. it takes forever.

@cimiano

Nothing in my system has change that could be used to explain why the emails load really slowly, up to 30 min sometimes

The second one is a gmail account and it is the one loading excruciatingly slowly

For your Gmail emails to sometimes take up to 30mins to load as you say, sounds like you might have a eg: corrupted account that might need repairing or removing and re-adding.

Suggest to first try repairing the Gmail account via “right clicking on All Mail” and then click “Properties” at the bottom. Then click the “Repair tab” at the top and finally click Repair.

Note: When you repair your account this can take a little time so be patient. This process clears the local cache so messages will be slower to load the first time till re-cached again.

If repairing the Gmail account still doesn’t fix the problem, then backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup”. You can see when the backup is completed via “Menu / Operations”. Once backed up, go to “Menu / Accounts” and click on your Gmail account and remove it. Then re-add it via the automatic email wizard at the top.

It may be a slow connection, or a slow server, so you end up waiting for the message and attachment to load from the server when you click on it.

There is something you can try though.

Go to Accounts and click on the IMAP or Exchange tab for this account. Scroll down to Sync Options and tick both of them. Click on Save & Close.

When messages arrive they will then be fully cached, including attachments, so when you later click on it, it should display fairly quickly. (Linked/dynamic content will still need to be loaded when you open the message).

I carried out both the steps, still when I click on the mail, the body take a lot of time to display, kindly fix this issue.

I have the same problem started yesterday. I have repaired the Inboxes I have deleted and reinstalled the Gmail account and has made no difference. The strange thing is this is on both Windows 11 and Mac OS and does not happen on my exchange account. I have just come back to em client as I like the program and have 3 pro licenses. But as it stands I may have to change back to outlook if this is not fixed.

@Swapnil

I carried out both the steps, still when I click on the mail, the body take a lot of time to display, kindly fix this issue

How long on average do your emails take to load in the body, and do they have alot of inline large resolution images in them ?

Also once it does finally load in the body, and you then go to another email and then come back to that same email, does it then display instantly in the body or still take along time?

I’m new to this software but the load times are horrendous and if not fixed quickly I won’t even bother with a 2 week trial. Takes up to a full minute for each email to load and I have a Gigabit internet connection so don’t bother with check your speed answer. Something is clearly wrong.

1 Like

@cyberzork The min time it takes to load a new mail is around 30-40 sec, and no there are no large resolution images - just content and images in signature(I dont think they should be of concern) as other email clients load the emails very fast compared.

@Nickal also has mentioned his experience.

@cyberzork you guys need to look into this seriously, as this is the main point stopping me from the purchase to be made.

Thank you

@Swapnil

The min time it takes to load a new mail is around 30-40 sec, and no there are no large resolution images - just content and images in signature

So when you say “content” is that just text or is there also other inline or remote images loading in the body of the email (apart from your signature image).

@cyberzork Only Text

@Swapnil

Only Text

Ok that is very strange indeed that it’s taking that long to load Text content.

@cyberzork Need solutions, the product is really good with the features it provide, but the user experience in terms of performance is very bad, kindly provide a solution asap.

@cyberzork Do you have some solution to this?

I also sometimes have the same problem on both windows and mac.
The loading time of the mails sometimes takes extremely long.
Sometimes it helps to close emclient and restart.
I did not have this problem under version 8.

lunes 10 octubre 2022 :: 1644hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @Swapnil

I agree with @cyberzork that your experience concering download and display of email text and attachment/images is strange - text display on my system is instant and email delay with a mixture of text and images not much longer.

The help on this Forum is mainly from eMC users who try to help others based on their own experinces; if you need more specific help with your issue you should raise a ticket with support

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

@Swapnil

Need solutions, the product is really good with the features it provide, but the user experience in terms of performance is very bad, kindly provide a solution asap

I cannot replicate that (text) slow email loading problem you are experiencing using Win 10 & 11 and Mac Monterey with the latest eM Client Ver 9.1.x.

I also find as @skybat says, text emails load instantly and combined text and graphics load very quick as well. So “if your internet connection is fast” and “no very high-res images initally loading in your emails” as you advised, then the very slow loading email issue might be related to eg: something locally installed on your computer that’s affecting eM Client. Could be something is locally monitoring incoming new emails and slowing them loading.

I use a wifi connection to my router which has a 50mbps NBN speed connection and don’t run any optional Firewall / Security / Antivirus program or VPN etc. Just a pretty stock OS.

I also used to have a 30mbps Cable connection and that was also the same email loading speeds with the older eM Client V7 & 8 at the time. So cannot personal fault eM Client and is something else related causing this issue there.

Normally the only other thing to speed up messages in the body loading you can try is as @Gary already advised above is, if you have an IMAP account, set in your Accounts (via "Menu / Accounts) to “Download messages for offline use & include attachments” as per the below Gmail IMAP example.