Loading recipients from sent is a nightmare

As I am not a long-term eM Client user, I do not know how it worked before. I would rather hear from the devs in plain speak.

And, no offense intended, “suspect” isn’t a very definitive verb when it comes to app development.

@bremenpl

Then back to duplicated emails… Prior to the update it kept suggesting emails that are already assigned to a contact.

I didn’t see that problem you are referring to in V9.1 or prior. Do you have a thread on that issue ?

No issue, based on the feedback from the support that was not a bug but a feature. Basically, if you can remember from the old version, one had an “X” on each suggested recipient (on the right). So one could remove the ones he does not want to see (in this current session of email composition). These suggestions were overlapping the contact addresses already present in the address book. So for example, if I had a contact called ‘joehn doe’ [email protected], and I have sent an email to him already in the past, the client would suggest this contact to me over my actual contact. So I need to remove it by clicking the “X” and only then my actual contact would show up…

@bremenpl

Basically, if you can remember from the old version, one had an “X” on each suggested recipient (on the right). So one could remove the ones he does not want to see (in this current session of email composition).

Yes i remember the prev X at the end of the suggested recipients in the To: line in V9.1 which “is still there in V9.2”. Do you not see the X at the end of your current suggestions ?

Or are you saying "Only some of the suggested recipients have an X at the end and some don’t ?

In the latest version I don’t have the “X’es” anymore.

@bremenpl

In the latest version I don’t have the “X’es” anymore.

I definitely have an X at the end of my suggested recipients in V9.2.1222 as in the below screenshot example using Windows 10. Try uninstalling eM Client and reinstalling again from the release history page. Don’t delete the database when asked on uninstall wizard.

If still a problem, check if the suggested contacts that are missing the X at the end are showing in the main (default) email address (field) within your specific Contact. As could be that eM Client suggested contacts with the X only work with the (default email contact field) and not the alternate fields. So might be a bug or not been implemented for alternative addresses within the contact.

Note:- However If still not showing the X at the end of each suggested recipient after reinstalling the program,and the email address is in the default contact field, then suggest you create a “New Thread” for this issue as could be others with the same problem without the X so would need a new thread as is really a different topic.

We do not display duplicates, just the different contacts based on what is typed in the TO field. Please see my comments above.

If you are getting duplicates, please send me a screenshot, and we will investigate it further. [email protected]

Gary, I think it was discussed already how what you claim is not a duplicate, is in fact a duplicate…

Please send me a screenshot, and I will investigate it for you.

Here you go:

There are no duplicates. Just looking at A, these are 4 different contacts. That means they are not the same.

‘Łukasz Przeniosło’ [email protected]
lukasz [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
Łukasz Przeniosło [email protected]

You have used 4 different variations of the contact, so we have provided all that match what you typed, so that you can choose which one you want to use this time.

1 Like

Like I said here Gary:

Still stands.

1 Like

As soon as new eM Client version will be released, this thread becomes redundant…

viernes 02 diciembre 2022 :: 1401hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @bremenpl

I agree with @Gary - there are differences in the way that the contact is listed despite the actual email address being the same (count the number characters and the actual wording before the email address) perhaps pedantic but factual as each listing is different.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

Hi @skybat ,

While that’s true, it doesn’t mean the design is correct UX wise. The “different” suggestions should be stacked like this (foe example):

And just for the record, I don;t believe anyone ever explicitly typed in the recipient by using the ’ abc ’ prefix and suffix. It must have been how the email client parsed the names in the “To:” field. In that case the program self-produces the duplicates.

“4 different contacts”…
No, that’s one contact as the eMail addresses are identical.

You have used 4 different variations of the contact, so we have provided all that match what you typed, so that you can choose which one you want to use this time.

But there’s only one eMail address so your statement, while accurate from the perspective of a computer programmer, is :man_facepalming: from the perspective of someone who actually uses the program.

I keep doing a version page check, does anyone know if there will be a setting introduced? This has stung my fast tying fingers just again today, sending important work stuff to my wife whose first name is the same as a client! I would love to see this changed, I need control over what fills that list. I had it set perfectly with only filling the list from contacts.

1 Like

@dma2112

I keep doing a version page check, does anyone know if there will be a setting introduced?

No one knows on this free forum when it will be updated on the version history page". You just have to be patient and keep checking the version history page as you have been doing. Hopefully soon.

Usually, eM Client will update “many things at the same time” when you get new releases, so that’s why it can sometimes take time till we see the updates on the release history page. Also has to be “alot of testing involved” so that too can take time, especially now with the PC “and Mac versions” to update.

I have the exact same issue…

1 Like

Count me in with this +1