It just stopped working !

Jay, thank you for answering. But my intention was to realize downgrade because the problem started when I upgraded to 7.1. I’m suspecting that eM Client is the cause, Thunderbird is working normally. I wanted to keep the database without downgrade, I have a complex database to rebuild it all. If I had too, I’ll prefer to migrate to Microsoft Outlook 2016… I’m waiting an official answer from eM Client team before migrating…

Edit: Just to clarify, I uninstalled 7.1 and installed 7.0, but the program refused to open because database was updated by 7.1.

There is no database upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1

Hello Jay,
Thank you for your reply.

I tried to use Process Monitor to check if eM Client uses some variable on registry or file to check the database version, but I could not find anything. The fact is that I can not downgrade from 7.1 to 7.0, when I try to run 7.0 it says that the database was updated and I need to upgrade eM Client. Maybe exists some way to avoid this check, but the most curious part that I could find is a registry setting on HKCU\Software\eM Client called “dbcheck_magic”. When I changed it’s value, eM Client appears to take more time to show the message, as if it was making some kind of background process. Or maybe exist some arg on eM Client to bypass this check. But I couldn’t find any indication of it, I think that the database verification logic is on eM Client binaries, not an external variable.

I have very similar problems. I changed my btinternet password on my account 2 days ago and changed it in the client settings. Since then the account hasn’t synched. Have tried using the Diagnostics and it just comes back Fix Failed. Also have deleted and re-added the account to no effect. My alternative gmail account is fine.

Here’s the log when I try to receive mail
19:18:33 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
19:18:38 [email protected] [IMAP]  MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: 
19:18:38 ()
19:18:38    at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
19:18:38    at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
19:18:38    at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
19:18:38    at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionContext…ctor(ImapAccount account)
19:18:38    at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeFoldersCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
19:18:38    at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:18:38    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Now that’s interesting. I was  having a similar  experience  though I hadn’t  changed  my password  for some time. I have now  abandoned  emclient ( seems  unlikely that  the ‘employee’  will make a  ‘Second Coming’ so we’re  on our own !) and have switched  to Thunderbird. At first I was  having  trouble setting it up  and then I realised  that Yahoo were  using  the  password  they had  stored  as my  current one and Google Chrome on my PC had stored  the one that it regarded  as the current one…and they  clearly  weren’t  the same ! I’m guessing that when I changed  my email password ( which was  some time ago)  I  didn’t  get the Chrome system to store the new one. This is one of the problems  of passwords  being displayed as a series of dots…you soon lose  track of what  all the different  passwords are and there is no way of finding out.  It would be helpful if there was  an option to display them…as there is with mobile phones  when you log in to a  hotel-type  wi-fi. Good luck !

It’s been good working with you, John. Good luck with Thunderbird, which I would have tried except the download didn’t work that very second and I was, by then, in no mood to deal with anything at all irregular. 

And you too…just unfortunate that we had to sort it out ourselves. I have now  uninstalled  eM Client and  installed  Thunderbird.  I managed  this without major  incident and it seems to be working well. I now just have to customise  the appearance…funny  how  we  always feel uncomfortable  with  a  new  lay-out…but soon  accustom ourselves  to it !
Best wishes,     John.