It just stopped working !

After 6 months of ( largely) trouble free use, my eM Client  decided  this morning that it  didn’t  want to do anything at all. Not send any emails, nor  receive  any. This applied to my Yahoo a/c  but  not  my gmail one. The Yahoo a/c  still works  on my phone and   with my browser. I haven’t   changed  my AVG settings at all,  nor  installed  anything new. I don’t have the faintest idea  how to go about sorting it out!  Help please !

Same here, effective this morning. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and was shocked to see it looking like it never uninstalled: same messages in queue, etc. Still won’t send or receive anything.

I haven’t tried  uninstalling…but if I do  that, will all the  emails I have moved  to folders  stay in the same place? And  will I have  to enter  all the  settings again…because  someone did those for me and  I don’t know what they were !

I backed up all my messages, contacts, and settings before I uninstalled, but everything was still there when I reinstalled anyway. I’d still always back up first though, just to be safe.

The message I’m getting is that eM Client can’t connect to my server, but I’ve got another email program that’s connecting to the server just fine, so I know it’s not a server problem. I reviewed all the settings and they look correct. I tried the option for eM fixing the connectivity problems (in which it apparently tries different ports) and it was unable to fix it. I’m stuck. Really hoping someone from eM is monitoring this forum and can offer some useful info.

Sounds  like  exactly  the same situation as  mine…except  I haven’t  reinstalled I don’t  understand  what changed to mess it up like this.

I’ll have to bail to another program here very shortly. Like you, I’ve had mostly trouble-free use of eM Client for several months. I hate to switch to something else, really, but there’s no choice unless an answer is forthcoming very soon. Postbox was my next choice after eM Client, so I guess I’ll be checking that out. Still hoping for an answer here.

In case anyone  viewing this thread  can  understand  it, here’s  my log  for the last time I put the programme  on…(I changed the @ to AT myself !!)…

22:28:33 johnhopkins77ATgmail.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder johnhopkins77ATgmail.com/[Gmail]/Sent Mail
22:28:34 johnhopkins77ATgmail.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
22:28:34 johnhopkins77ATgmail.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder johnhopkins77ATgmail.com/[Gmail]/Spam
22:28:34 johnhopkins77ATgmail.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
22:28:53 johnhopkins77ATbtinternet.com [IMAP]  MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: 
22:28:53 ()
22:28:53    at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
22:28:53    at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
22:28:53    at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
22:28:53    at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ConnectionContext…ctor(ImapAccount account)
22:28:53    at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeFoldersCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
22:28:53    at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
22:28:53    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

i’m new to eM and having similar problems.  My Comcast account work fine - but one I have thru a hosting service can’t connect.  When I try the ‘FIX’ option, I can see eM scrolling thru a bunch of odd URL’s - turns out they are various copies of my MX records at the hosting site. They are NOT the default MX records but one’s I’ve entered to redirect my email thru a spam monitoring service.

I’ll next test one of my email accounts on that hosting site which DO NOT have the spam protection MX records, and let you know what happens.

Hello all,

I hope we can sort this out together ASAP.
Sadly I can’t see anything in the logs. Please try removing the problematic accounts and configuring it again. If it doesn’t help, write down what account are having such problem and how are they set.

If you are experience any error windows, please send me the screenshot to markosky@emclient.com together with full log (In Menu > Tools > Operations - press CtrlA to mark all rows and copy-paste them into a .txt file)

Thank you.
Russel

Thank you…but before I try that, what will happen  with all the emails that I have saved  and put into  folders in the  client?  Will they still be  saved  ( and ordered ) in Yahoo  and  will they then just re-install themselves  on eMClient  when I reconfigure  the  relevant  email address?

I had one account that I could try deleting with no real risk of loss, so I did that one. I got this first: “Warning: Deleting an account will also locally remove all folders and items in this account tree.”

That was disappointing, but since it was an account I could afford to sacrifice, I went ahead. Indeed, absolutely everything associated with the account disappeared forever.

When I reinstalled the account, it continued to fail in exactly the same way as before.

That doesn’t sound  very hopeful ( or helpful!) then  …

I’m very discouraged about this. I’ve been enjoying eM Client and it’s disappointing if I have to lose it, but also a major headache to move to a different program. I’m finding that eM Client saves contacts in a file format that is not readily transferable elsewhere. :frowning:

Was having the same problem as everyone else.  Created a new account with the same address but as an IMAP instead of POP and all emails came in.  Now to figure out how to merge the older emails into the new…

How do you do that?

Mark…I have sent you my full log entry.

EM Client has stopped picking up and sending my mail from Yahoo. 

Why does it take EM Client so long to sort this out. Looks like they will lose customers if it continues beyond a short period of time.

I notice there is no company response of any significance. This has happened before at odd intervals and I assume it is the EM server that is hiccupping as it usually sorts itself out within a couple of hours.

Neville

Hello,

I am happy to see that this workaround works for you.

You can either drag-drop emails into eM Client if you have them in .eml format. If you exported them before in Menu > File > Export, you can use Menu > File > Import feature to get all your data into eM Client. I would also recommend making a backup file before deleting POP3 account.

Regards,
Russel

I can’t find a way to open an account as IMAP. I just tried and the only choice available was POP. So frustrating. Until yesterday, I was recommending eM Client to others. If this doesn’t get sorted out today, I have to be gone and I certainly can’t recommend the program anymore.

I did that test and it didn’t help.