Issues saving in email images or attachements

Totally off topic now, but . . .

. . . I suppose it is just more normal to find proper words still being used here in the UK. What is considered antiquated in the New World, is still relatively new here. :wink:

In this case casual refers to the sender, not the message, meaning someone who does not regularly send messages. Hence, casual messager, not casual message. I wrote it after all, didn’t I?

At least nobody here is spelling turret with an n. Sorry I really should shut up now… :smiley:

Same here: inline images cannot be saved.

@mikeyww
Which eMC version are you using?
Did you read the rest of this thread? in particular this by Gary:

Gary Curtin
I can confirm that 7.2.36694 has this bug, so if you are using it, uninstall it. Then you can and download the previous version of eM Client from the Release History.
In the next release, this has been fixed. It should be posted to the site soon.

and this :  

Gary Curtin
Yes, as I commented above “Choose NOT to delete the database when prompted, then all your settings and data will be there once you have installed the previous version.”
If in doubt, make a backup using Menu > File > Backup before you do anything.

Gary also recommends to download eMC v7.2.35595 in case v7.2.36465.0 also has this bug - that version also had several bugs.

Peter

I have that one, 7.2.36694.0. Eagerly awaiting the bug fix! I can work around the issue in the meantime.

Hi mikeyww,

Sorry - maybe I’m dense, but I don’t see the point to report a bug that’s been acknowledged and has an advisory what to do about it till it’s fixed.

If everyone that runs v7.2.36694.0 starts reporting the same bug,without reading
the temp solution, we’ll have many pages of  “me too’s”  …

Could say more, but I won’t… lol

In some cases, developers make decisions based on the volume of users who report an issue or experience. If that’s not the case here, then all the better! I am happy to hear it.

You’re right, but this is a forum for free users,although eMC staff  jumps in with serious problems.
Anyway, it has been reported that an unpublished  fix is out,
so it’s  just a matter of time that it’ll be ready for publishing.
Maybe if you buy a 100 licenses you  may get the fix sooner lol

eM Client Inc. do make decisions based on what Pro License users are reporting, but as this has already been fixed . . . .

I was unaware of the developer’s fix, but I am glad to hear about it! Thank you.

7 days ago I comment in this thread that “in the next release, this has been fixed”.

Wonderful! That serves me right for not reading the entire thread.

I have same issue since couple of week and still not fix it.

Did you do what I suggested above: uninstall that update and download the previous service release from the Release History?

7.2.35595 will work.

I have version 7.2.36775.0 and there is no problem with saving images. I understand that you get that version, if you download eM Client fron the main page: https://www.emclient.com/?lang=en
No idea, why it isn’t mentioned in the Release History

The actual address for download is https://www.emclient.com/download. That should always download the latest version. Apparently 7.2.36775 has not been tagged as punished, that is why it is not showing in the release history, nor is it being offered through the update option in eM Client.

“punished”? For what offence?

LOL! Predictive text and not reading what I wrote!!

Should be published.

I just installed the latest update - 7.2.36908.0, and I still cannot “save as” an image that’s in the body of the email. It only lets me save as an eml file.

I have the very same version that you have and I can save all images.
But you don’t go to “save as” but right-click into the picture and select the second entry on the drop down menue “Save image as…”