Issues saving in email images or attachements

So should I wait for a day or so for the new update to come out and fix the problems, or do the uninstall first then the new update when it comes out? I can live with the problems if the update is coming out soon.

You said you are a designer and rely on this application to save images you are sent, and that you can’t have this happening to you. Certainly implies it is business and not personal. It is all in the words and how you present them howiegoo.

But whatever the case, whether your Grandma is sending you a photo, or a client, whether you have a Pro License of a Free one - you have the solution, which you have apparently already used. So what is the issue?

Up to you Steve. I guess it will be released soon as eM Client are already aware of the problem and this thread.

The issue is I’ve seen this many times before. I even worked in IT for years at a company that did this very thing. Some companies refuse to hotfix anything and will foist broken software onto people and then tell everyone it will all be fixed with the next update… in 4 months (or whatever, I don’t know the eM Client release schedule). That is infuriating and probably the worst practice a software provider can engage in. Especially when using a free product to sell a paid one. I guess my issue isn’t really the problem at hand but rather my frustration at how stubborn (or clueless?) companies can be when it comes to this stuff. Basically the unwillingness to hotfix even a minor problem that is a huge annoyance to their userbase boggles my flippin’ mind.

The past few months have been a complete disappointment as eM Client Inc have released two consecutive versions that seem to introduce more issues than fixes. I don’t recommend either of them, and I even stopped using eM Client for my business messaging.

When I wrote to eM Client staff, the response is either that they are not aware of the many issues, that they see the new version as a significant improvement, or they fully tested the product before it was released.  

Let’s be boggled together howiegoo.

@ howigoo

Coming back to the issue at hand - after all the rants.

The soulution was already available before even reverting to an earlier version of eMC.

Any professional outfit would request attached files, rather than embedded.
because embedded graphic files can be subject to reduction,which is not the case with attached files.

So since saving attached files was not impacted -the immediate solution was already at hand…

Using common sense is more helpful than “faling off your rocker” 

You should have instructed the people who send you images to send them as attachments in the first place…

DiggerP,
You are right. My bad. I should never have expected the software to work properly. What the heck was I thinking? You have opened my eyes and I now see the light. I shall spread this gospel across the land to kings and countrymen alike post-haste!
In all seriousness I regret very much the wording of my original post. You people seem to think I do this for a living or something lol! The people I’m talking about that send things to me can barely use their phones.

Year Peter. I’m trying to encourage embedding images, not attaching them. You are about to undo my whole year! :wink:

Thanks for the feedback.
Yes, in this case it was part of the software, but as I wrote, saving attachments wasn’t impacted, so if you had followed recommended procedures you wouldn’t have noticed the failure to save embedded images .

For your “device-illiterate” “friends” . attaching should be as easy - or easier than embedding…

Thanks for the feedback.
Yes, in this case it was part of the software, but as I wrote, saving attachments wasn’t impacted, so if you had followed recommended procedures you wouldn’t have noticed the failure to save embedded images .

For your “device-illiterate” “friends” . attaching should be as easy - or easier than embedding…

Hi Gary,

Year Peter. I’m trying to encourage embedding images, not attaching them. You are about to undo my whole year! :wink:

It all depends on the purpose for the images.
If they are meant for editing, attaching is the way to go.

Yeah you’d think! Alas, such is not the case.

I have been trying to encourage casual messagers (messengers?) to embed because it is easier on the recipient, and on a phone who wants to look at an icon for an attachment?

@ howiegoo

Yeah you’d think! Alas, such is not the case.

Please explain - I’m on Win 10 - 1903
eMC version 7.2.36694.0 and can save image attachments just fine.

@ Gary

I have been trying to encourage casual messagers (messengers?) to embed because it is easier on the recipient, and on a phone who wants to look at an icon for an attachment?

BTW -it’s  messages…
Who who would want to edit image files on a phone?
Apart from the fact that the phone may not have a proper image editor…

No Peter, the person sending the message. A messager or a messenger?

I think that embedding is a more modern approach, except of course for professional use. 

Oh, this issue is saving embedded images by right-click, not attached ones. See the OP’s original comment.

Hi Gary,

Thanks, but I’m fully aware of the issue and did my own test.
as indicated above.
I can also confirm that the latest version (7.2.36694.0) has this issue
and is reproduceable.

As to the person sending the message.
it’s more common to write  : Senders of casual messages
rather than casual messagers or messengers.
Messagers is not an EN  word for this and messengers is generally understood to be
apps that can send messages.

I did some research since I wrote that Peter. I was correct the first time, a messager is one who sends a message. https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/messager

Hi Gary,  Thanks, but:

Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of  Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for messager in 

(See the entry for messager in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)

Yes, that is the standard disclaimer on Wiktionary.

What ? referring to a more than 100 year old info.?
Wiktionary is not the “be all- end all” source of factional info.

Believe what you like and be happy with it.

One thing though - whether "messager or messenger "
the “casual” refers to the contents of the message, not the Sender

Sending a casual message, does does not necessarily make the sender a casual messager/messenger.

BTW - when I search Google for “messager” , I get immediately redirected to
results for “messenger”.

Messager is an antiquated EN word or a FR verb or name.
Take your pick - lol