iOS: No badge count

Hello,

I installed em Client on my iPhone. However there is no badge showing the number of unread emails, unless I open the app.
When I get a new email, I get a push notification from em Client, but the icon shows no badge. When I open the app, it seems to then load the email. When I close the app without having read the new email, then I get the badge.
That is very annoying. Is there something that can be done to show the badge directly?

Thanks!

Yes I’m experiencing the issue. I get a notification on my phone, but there’s no badge count until I open the em client app. Then it shows the email and the count is on the app. I was told by em client they are working on this. It’s been a while so I hope they can figure it out soon.

I deleted em Client today. Cannot work with an app that fails to use basic iOS features. Very disappointing, because in general the app looks great.

Yes I too also have “no badge notifications for new unread emails in the inbox” using the latest eM Client iOS mobile app V10.0.2080 and iOS 17.4.1

I only see eM Client new mail notifications “on the lock screen” & new mail “notifications appear from the top when not locked”, but no badge notifications on the eM Client icon on the iPad background or on the iPad dockbar.

I definitely have setup eM Client mob app in iOS Settings / Notifications / eM Client for badges, but none appear. Other iOS mail app notification badges do appear ok.

My iOS eM Client notifications setup example.

Yes, I have the same experience. Pop-up notifications appear on the lock screen, but not badge on the app icon.
I also checked that I have enabled notifications and badge display.
I find that the badge appears only when I open the app, which has yet to download newly received emails. And after downloading new emails to the app, I leave them unread. Then you can see a badge with a number next to the app.

I was told by em client that they were working on a repair for this issue. I’ve not heard or seen a fix as of today. I had to switch back to my old email app on my iPhone. Not having the notifications or badge numbers is a deal breaker for me. I hope they figure it out soon and I’ll be very happy to try them again.

Testing the latest iOS mobile app V10.0.2643 it’s still “not showing new mail badge counts” & only showing new mail banner notifications.

The only way currently I see new mail badge counts, is to open the app after the new mail banner notification appears (when I’m in the room or house) which then “once the new mail appears in the app”, the badge count then shows. But I miss that eM Client new mail notification alot of the time as are not in the room and “don’t always swipe down to look at notifications”.

So currently for my Google account on the iPad in the interim, if I am not in the room and miss the eM Client banner notification, I currently use the Gmail app new mail badge, but if I didn’t have that, then I wouldn’t see the new mail at all unless I randomly opened the eM Client app or manually swiped down to look through the notifications.

So need to get the badge count showing “when the new mail push mail” notifications appear.

Ps I realise the app currently doesn’t update new mail while in the background as per the way it’s designed “which is ok with me”, but as long as I can see the badge count that will still be ok.

At least I know then there is new mail at a glance via the badge when I am back in the room.