Insufficient access rights to perform the operation

The last update was March 1st. I’m starting to lose my patience…

You said you had the problem solved in an internal build, so release it as a beta so I can use my mail program I paid for again.

This is ridiculous.

1 Like

If you have a Pro License with VIP Support, please open a support ticket with us.

I purchased a lifetime license I think back in 2017 and 150 licenses of version 7 for work in 2018.
When all the users version 7’s offered to upgrade to version 8 some users did it and they had lots of problems with syncing public calendars. These problems caused a bad impression and the owners wouldn’t let me upgrade to 8 for the existing users or for the remaining 100 users that were still on Outlook.

Now that 9 came out I upgraded my personal license (lifetime) to 9 to test it out and try to pitch it to management for all 250 users, but I still can’t delete any mail on any of my 6 email accounts. Very frustrating and I lost my chance to upgrade the company yet again.

This is why I ranted that your Quality Assurance needs a lot of work earlier. I write software for a living and if I pushed out an update to the company ERP system and people lost a critical feature then I’d had an emergency patch out right away. If it was cosmetic it wouldn’t be a big deal.

My only solution right now is to uninstall 9 and reinstall 7 or 8 and set up all 6 email accounts again.
I’m kicking myself for upgrading my own machine and trusting a publicly released version.

I’m sure I’m not the only person who feels this way.

1 Like

You are not (the only person) feeling that way.
I was also a software developer in a previous life and such bugs would be released as emergency patches within a few days of being discovered and reported (no matter by whom - be it a free user or a pro user with a support contract) if they affected the operation and basic functionlity of a system (such as this and also such as attachments being corrupted on sending). Fair enough if they are obscure (edge) types of “quirks” but basic functionality like this and the attachments debarcle are basic parts of a competent email program and, in my most humble opinion, ought to be considered critical and for immediate release. Not in a few weeks and in the meantime have a broken and unusable system. Personally (my personal opinion only but nevertheless a valid opinion) is that this new “tougher stance” on VIP support and bug fixes is doing emClient as a company no favours at all. I personally think it could prove to be quite damaging to emClient as a company.

2 Likes

These are BASIC email functions that are now broke after an update. Why should someone open a VIP ticket??? Fix what you broke! Why would VIP tickets get some precedence over anyone else for broken functionality that is expected to work in the most basic of email programs? I still, almost 4 weeks later, cannot delete items from my trash, and that’s BASIC!!!

1 Like

I also went the VIP route … but saw no point in continuing VIP support as it wasn’t very helpful. If this issue has been fixed emClient should have released the fix to the public already. This is a lesson in craziness. I hate Outlook but I hate my email client being broken for a month or more! I have recommended and installed VIP customers on emclient since I first discovered it a few years back. How awful now I have to take the brunt when BASIC features break after an update. Why emClient, do you hate your customers so much? We paid you, our customers paid you. Now I will be rolling out Outlook once again since we need something that is fixed to BE RELEASED, and since it hasn’t been fixed in a month we need to keep operating so Outlook it is.

This is a bug that was recently discovered and it has now been fixed.

It will be in the next public release, so please be patient until it is available.

1 Like

As I have repeatedly said, this issue has been resolved, and the fix will be in the next release.

If you have VIP Support, please open a support ticket with us and will will do our best to assist you with this immediately.

If you are using Windows, please download an internal build from here that resolves the issue: https://www.emclient.com/dist/v9.0.1549/setup.msi

As this in not yet fully tested, I recommend you make a backup using Menu > Backup before the install.

If you have any issues, please let me know.

1 Like

EM Client 9 beta. Mac Monterey.
Same problem here, with one of my 10 IMAP accounts. I can’t delete mail I’ve just received in my inbox.
@Gary, I have a lifetime PRO license. When will next update for Mac OS be released?

@HansDF please write to me directly on [email protected] and include the subject of this thread in the message.

1 Like

Kinda crazy someone would have to write privately to you regarding a well known problem in basic functionality that went missing. Why in heaven’s name you are not releasing a public fix to this issue is beyond your many users, it’s annoying, it’s an egregious error and the support response to this is absolutely baffling.

1 Like

eM Client 9 for Mac is still in beta.

If you have any issues while testing the beta version, please send them directly to [email protected]

@Gary We’re going on almost 2 months, still no public release of a fix for PCs?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

What is going on???

Hello

I gave you a link to the version above.
Here it is again: https://www.emclient.com/dist/v9.0.1549/setup.msi

1 Like

@Feenix22

Why in heaven’s name you are not releasing a public fix to this issue is beyond your many users

eM Client don’t normally release a new official public version “just for one fix”. There is also alot of testing involved before official releases can be made public as well like with any new updates.

So the interium unofficial release fix @Gary provided you in the meantime (if you have Windows) will work till the official release update later on the version history page.

Remember to backup your current eM Client version before updating via “Menu / Backup” and close eM Client before installing the update.

Note: If you have a Mac, there has also been an official update V9.0.1632 just released on 13th April via that same version history page above.

I’m sorry, I can’t stop laughing at the comment:

There is also a lot of testing involved before official releases can be made public

Version 8 bombed when it was released and so did 9.

Where is this testing you speak of? I don’t know why I paid for a lifetime license.

Go ahead and ban my account again for a couple of weeks for saying what everyone is thinking.

@Gary always emails privately now;

When did version 9 “bomb out”?

When I upgraded to version 8 the calendar sync was constantly throwing errors. It took half a year to fix. Also version 8 would randomly ‘fix’ the sqlite files like they weren’t shut down properly. I had a support contract which wasted my time. You can only delete and recreate the accounts so many times. I don’t need tech support for that. It’s the program corrupting them,

When I upgraded to version 9 I couldn’t delete any emails out of most of my folders. The version you posted in the thread can delete, but there are still problems with email attachments occasionally showing MIME text in the email body.

These are MAJOR features that should have been caught in your ‘a lot of testing’ that you mentioned. Not glitches or inconveniences. They make the program unusable.

I write software for a living. I’d be out of a job if I released my software like you do.

The issue you asked about in this thread has been resolved.

If you have VIP Support, please open a support ticket with us and we will resolve any other issues you have that way.

@richard.bourque

Version 8 bombed when it was released and so did 9.

Where is this testing you speak of? I don’t know why I paid for a lifetime license

I can personally say I and my bro as many other users on this forum did around 6 months or more of Beta testing with V8 & V9 till they were officially released to the public to make sure things worked properly and did not crash or bomb out when it was released for us at all using Win 10 or Win 11 or Mac OSX. The only thing for V9 and Mac peeps was the update after the Beta 3 for the M1 CPU which eM Client just released an official update for that too on the version history page.

Apart from this insufficient access right issue “which has now been fixed” in the interim update link above, I can say V8 and V9 releases are very good and very stable using Win 10 & 11. The only issue some users are still facing with crashing is because Microsoft has current bugs in their Win 11 OS builds with automation code issues etc, which Microsoft have also now fixed in their not released yet (22H2) Sun Valley build coming later in the year. No MS official release date as yet.