Incoming Mail Notification Sound Not Firing

I have the Incoming Mail notification on and have selected a .wav. But it’s not firing.
Also, I have no idea what some of these settings are at the bottom of the notification settings screen.

James

All better now.
In the General Settings the “Show window on send and receive” was unchecked.
I checked it and now the sound fired.

James

Hello,

I am happy to read that you have solved this already, but can I ask if changing the “Show window on send and receive” was really helpful or did you anything else?

because this option has absolutely nothing to do with notification sounds.

regards
Jan

To double check I unchecked to see what happens.
I had incoming mail and the sound didn’t play.
Not sure if it the fact that I’m using a .wav other than the default sound has anything to do with it.

I’ve forgot one thing to mention, sound is only played when you are off eM Client, I mean by that for example: you have eM Client turned on but you are browsing web, or writing in Word etc.

If you are working inside it no sound will be played.

so if possible for you to check if sound is being played while outside eM Client please tell us result back.

regards
Jan

The sound does play when eM Client is open but I’m somewhere else.
I normally don’t leave it open. I’ve been testing this by opening it check for mail and then closing it.
I must say though I am real happy with eM Client.

Hello,

Well, this is normal behaviour, anyway if this problem will come alive once more write us again.

Also thank you for your positive feed back :slight_smile:

regards
Jan

I’m using that old AOL “You’ve Got Mail” .wav and It’s nice to here her voice.

Doesn’t work for me. Even when I’m in Chrome or Word there is no notification sound or envelope in notification area. Does eM Client have to be actually closed for the notifications to happen? I leave it open all the time.

Hello,

can you go to Tools - settings - general - notifications and check if you have unchecked “disable following notifications while main application window active:” ?

with regards
Jan

Yes, it is unchecked. I am now getting the little envelope in the notification area but still no sound.

do you have icon of small speaker crossed or uncrossed in same window in section where you select what types of notifications should be enabled (incoming mail, chat message etc)

If possible attach me screenshot of your notifications settings here and describe scenarios when do you expect sounds to be played.

with regards
Jan

Heh! Obviously it’s uncrossed! Will do screenshot later.

I had to ask, some users sometimes oversee something :slight_smile: Anyway will wait for your screenshot and scenario when it does not work and should and will respond to it later.

with regards
Jan

Sorry for the delay. Screenshot attached.

thank you for your screenshot, there seems everything to be okay.

can you tell me your exact eM Client version? Help - about.

with regards
Jan

Hello,

I am very sorry for delayed answer, I have found out something that I’ve been missing all the time.

go to Tools - Settings - General - Notifications and choose in dropdown bar “Default settings” to your account and try to enable it there.

with regards
Jan

It’s already enabled. Don’t worry any further. I can live with the problem.

I would rather to solve this, but if you can live with that then it is okay. Anyway if you will ever try 6th version beta and you will remember then please write me if this issue will be there too.

with regards
Jan