IMAP not showing new email

Hello Chad, I received this same error message some time ago…long before the newly evolved IMAP problem.  I went thru Tech support (paid version) and long story short the emclient stated that it was GoDaddy’s fault.  Just like now…with this recent problem…endless circle.  I still receive this same error message several times a day.

Good Luck.

I sure wish they would resurrect Eudora…

Hi again, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP logging for the problematic @me account?
Save the settings, restart the application and when you receive the error message again, go back to the advanced settings window and click on send logs, add my email as a copy to the email with the logs ([email protected]), and add a reference link to this forum topic, or a description of the issue.

Thank you,
Paul.

Please add me to the list of users having the same issue with GoDaddy.  I’m using the beta 6.0.20154.0 client but it does not completely fix the issue.  Emails still frequently disappear unless I use the diagnostic feature for the account which appears to reset things.  The missing emails come back after a send/receive.  But the problem repeats itself several times a day.

I fully understand this is a GoDaddy issue but also agree that Outlook, Thunderbird and others have implemented their solutions such that their clients work fine with GoDaddy.

I LOVE eM Client and would truly love to keep using it.

Ok, this is weird.  It’s been working great for me for a while.  I had the issue initially too (not getting new emails).  I have the latest release ( 6.20154).  But, just the last 4 days or so, it started happening again.  I’m getting the issues on the IMAP account again.  Just odd since nothing has changed for a month or so.   Just a refresher - not godaddy hosted - but gmail imap (however, the domain name is at godadday with MX records pointing to gmail)

Doesn’t really appear to be a GoDaddy email issue then does it?

I agree 100%.  I’m still having problems…and looking for another solution.  I wish someone would resurrect Eudora.

Thunderbird is working well for me.  Takes a little time to set it up because you need grab a couple add-ons for your calendar, contacts, etc. but no issues getting it work correctly with IMAP.

https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/bug-imap-list-command

Hi emClient team,

Could your team please give us an update on this in-progress issue? We have just begun evaluating emClient for use in our office, and have encountered this same IMAP problem with the now-current “production” version (6.0.21040.0), at least with our GoDaddy email servers.

I’ve read through the older posts above, and while it sounds like prior released versions had the above-mentioned work-around built in, other people (see above) have since found that this work-around somehow no longer does the trick. We also find this to be so with our version

Folks, you’ve got a great product and we’d love to write you a check for a bunch of licenses, but as there is zero chance GoDaddy is going to mend their evil ways, any chance you could do as Thunderbird and Outlook have evidently done in finding some practical work-around for this “IMAP sloppiness” on the part of GoDaddy? That is, I appreciate your position that “it’s their fault”, but the subsequent conclusion that “nothing can be done on our end” is tough to understand given that other email clients manage to do so…other email clients we don’t otherwise like as much as emClient, that is.

FWIW, just called GoDaddy and asked the rep to search their knowledge base using the keywords emClient and imap…and surprise, surprise, they’ve never heard of this issue, so this should give us a sense of how low a priority they must assign to this matter. 

I look forward to your comments, or even better, a workable resolution to this long-standing issue. 

Thanks and regards,
Robert Lenk

Hi Robert, please note this is not an ongoing issue, the original issue has been resolved when we’ve released a version containing a workaround for the issue.
Unfortunately GoDaddy has made some changes again causing their users to again not being able to receive their email, this is however caused by an issue on the server’s side.

We’re currently investigating on this issue.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Hello Paul,

It has been a month since I have switched from ThunderBird to eM Client, and since day one I have had this issue! New emails do not show up, and if they do they don’t get downloaded. the three dots progress indicator thingy goes on and on forever without showing me the contents of my email! Maybe if I close and open the software they show up but not all the time! I may need to restart eM client once to get the list of new emails and then every time I scroll through emails! Both thunderbird and Outlook used to work fine.

I have been using version 6.0.21040.0 and this is one of the major bugs that really irritates me! Sure the UI seems good and features like calendar and tasks are good as well but they have their own issues and that I will post later but the software does not serve tis primary purpose of being a reliable mail client!.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response. Actually, when I posted my comment, I could have sworn that the thread was listed as “in progress” or some such, whereas now I see it is set to “Solved”.  

Fair enough: if your team views what we’ve experienced as a new thing–albeit with symptoms much like those of the prior one–then I’ll go ahead and repost it in a new thread, so that at least others experiencing this problem can compare notes while your team looks into this issue.

We do appreciate that your team is looking into it. Please understand that changing our email hosting provider is not currently an option for us, so we need to find an email client that works with our current provider (GoDaddy–a provider that, given its market share, is common to not a few others too, I reckon).

Thanks, and look forward to learning what your team finds out on this matter.

Regards,
Robert

Hi, if you’re currently experiencing issues with GoDaddy’s accounts, please try to navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your GoDaddy Account > SMTP, and change the security policy to “Don’t use secure connection” using port 25.
This should resolve the issue, as it seems the current GoDaddy’s issue is based within a broken SSL protocol on their server, disabling your ability to authenticate using secure connection.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Hi Paul–just tried the suggested fix above, and found it did not resolve the problem. Ten minutes after changing SMTP settings (curious why the change is to SMTP, not IMAP, settings) as described above, Thunderbird received a new email, but even after several successful “send/receive all” syncs in emClient (with no errors reported), emClient failed to show that email. As usual, after shutting emClient down and restarting, the email then appeared.
–Robert

Same with me Rob.  Good luck with the purchase of a license…it didn’t help me.

I think there are two solutions from which to choose: 1.) Drop GoDaddy email, or 2.) Drop eM Client. I ended up doing # 1 for reasons other than this issue and am again using eM Client. While still using GoDaddy I was forced to use Thunderbird and Outlook for some of my users because the updates never completely solved the issue. eM Client is a great app for the money, but I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for this issue they have with GoDaddy to be fixed. It’s been an issue for more than 8 months and I don’t believe it was ever fully resolved.

Solution 1 is just not a option for me.  I have several domains hosted w/GoDaddy.  I wholeheartedly agree that EM is worth the investment.

Hi,
we’ve been running few tests over the past few days, but unfortunately we are unable to support this issue as it is indeed a server issue.
Unfortunately this is a discontinued product and thus it is hard to support this type of accounts - GoDaddy is currently only offering email accounts powered by office 365 (Exchange accounts). This old type of IMAP based accounts are still working but the support for them from goDaddy’s side is limited and is being lowered dramatically.

We’ve tried to contact GoDaddy’s support with issues that have occurred with this product in the past and with the present issue as well, however their unresponsive support was no help to us finding a common solution for both our and their customers.

I’m really sorry that we can’t be more helpful in this matter but at this point there’s simply nothing we can do about this problem, as it is a server side problem and work-arounding the issue would mean acting against the protocol’s standard and would in most cases proof unhelpful for most users.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue, but my best suggestion at this point would be contacting GoDaddy’s support.

We’re able to provide more information for their support e.g. logging data, that clearly show the IDLE connections made by the application were successful and were completed without any response from the server.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

I still use GoDaddy as our domain registrar and we host our websites elsewhere, we just don’t use their email anymore. It looks like the only email they sell today is Office 365, so I don’t suspect they are putting much effort into upkeep with their own email, which is what users that have this eM Client issue appear to all be using. That’s what we had - it was inexpensive and worked well for a time.