IMAP not showing new email

I’m able to set up IMAP, but after going thru diagnostics and then pressing Send & Receive, I get the message “Server says “Unauthorized””.

Doing the diagnostics sends a test message which hits GoDaddy’s server and is received in my inbox, but after that, messages do not get thru. That would indicated it is something with the eM Client.

Please help! I LOVE eM Client! Need this to work!

Thanks,
Chuck.

Any Updates? Anything?

Same issue very frustrating, was hoping to integrate eM client within our company because of the iCloud calendar integration but if there’s not a fix it’s really not usable at all.

I don’t doubt for a second that GoDaddy caused this issue, but I have been using Thunderbird since the problem started and it works flawlessly. Since it works fine it seems eM should be able to make it work as well.

I like you have also have tried without issue…outlook, thunderbird and my old stand by Eudora…this is driving me nuts…and to another client.

Update this morning…absolutely NO help. Same issue…How about you any help?

eM has been working flawlessly with GoDaddy for me after only a few hiccups right after the install of V 6.0.20121.0 released by Paul (in his post above).

Does the new upgrade that eM keeps asking to install (V6.0.20154.0) contain the same fix? I don’t want to un-fix things by installing it if doesn’t contain the fix for GoDaddy.

eM has been working for me since the latest upgrade. It’s only been a day, but so far so good, even with GoDaddy.

I got excited after hearing that it is working for a couple people so I just opened it up, and some of my new emails appear and some don’t. I guess if I was content with only seeing some of my email or not really knowing when they will hit my inbox then it would be useful. I guess it works ok if using pop, but certainly not with imap.

I think the new update works for most of us. What I see is that the GoDaddy email server does not always respond immediately. Emails show up sometimes faster, sometimes slower than on my cell phone, running K9 mail. It is not just a couple of people, who are happy. People don’t normally post messages if something works, only if something fails.

Hi, yes the fix is present in the newest release as well, it will be present until GoDaddy fixes the issue based on their side.

Thank you,
Paul.

To anybody who is getting it to work: please confirm that you are using IMAP and that you are using GoDaddy hosted email. If both those statements are true, which port are you using? Are you using SSL/TLS or are you not using a secure connection? I’ve updated and tried each option, and it still doesn’t deliver new mail as it should and frequently errors out.

These are the settngs that work for me:

Host: imap.secureserver.net
Port: 993
Security policy: Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

Download messages for offline use

I just tried that…with no luck.  Some messages appeared for a nanosecond then disappeared just as fast.

Thanks for the info Laszlo!

I just looked at my settings and that is the port and security policy settings I tried most recently. It showed some of the email that I have received this morning but not all, and after a short while the “connection to xxxxxxx failed” message popped up.  I appreciate the reply Laszlo. Wish I knew why it works for you and not me. I loved eM until the first week in March when it quit working with GoDaddy. I’ll have to stick with Thunderbird at least until we change email providers.

I also often get the connection failed message (and the red triangle next to my GoDaddy email account on the left column in eM). It indicates that GoDaddy did not respond. The problem persists sometimes for half an hour, or even longer. In this time K9 mail does not fetch emails, either, which tells me that it is a GoDaddy issue. However, when GoDaddy is back to life, I get all emails that K9 mail sees. Do you have another email reader that fetches those emails (e.g. as pop3)? That could explain the problem…

No. I am only using imap. Thunderbird brings them in as soon as they are received without a problem. I know that GoDaddy is / caused the issue, no doubt about that. I don’t understand however why Thunderbird works regardless and eM doesn’t. I really like eM client, but can’t rely on it with GoDaddy.

Paul, here is an image of my error log. I will occasionally get a popup that an IMAP Connection failed. Sometimes e-mail will work after that, but usually not. I will have to quit the program and restart it. I should reiterate that I use iCloud - so this is likely not related to the GoDaddy servers, although the same thing happens as everybody else is explaining. It seems like a greater problem than simply GoDaddy, as symptoms are identical to the ones many are experiencing.

Hi again, what version of eM client are you currently using? Can you make a screenshot of the error you’re receiving in the errors tab from the operations windows?

You could try this as well: Go to Tools > Accounts > Your problematic account > Diagnose tab, and click the diagnose tab if it finds anything wrong with the account setup…

Thank you, I’m sorry you’re experiencing this,
Paul.

Hi Paul, I am using the most recent version you guys released only recently. Here is the error message I get. I have done diagnose, and everything appears fine. I didn’t even receive the test e-mail… I had to close emClient and open it again, and the message downloaded. My iPhone received it just fine, however. This happens several times a day, to where I have developed a habit of simply closing and restarting emClient every time I want to check my email.

[email protected]: Connecting to [email protected] failed
[IMAP] An attempt to connect to [email protected] failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check the settings?