Imap functions - where?

I’m not suggesting its a cheat, I’m just saying that if a folder is hidden you’d expect it to then not synchronise. I cant afford to pull ALL emails from every IMAP folder irrespective of whether I need that folder or not. Its fine, I’ve been offered a refund.

Hi Ian Jackson,

I hope you will come back to eM Client when they’ve implemented a way to select which folders you want to synchronize or not.

Why would anyone expect that? Folder hiding never has purpose of not synchronizing folders.

Thing you are talking about is called “folder subscription” and that is not currently planned.

Jan

This is a huge deal for my company. We’ve huge trees of account folders. Every sync has to hit every single folder. In other email clients, (Outlook/express/thunderbird/remember Eudora/Pegasus) I only selected a half-dozen folders to subscribe to and the other folders only loaded when I clicked on them.

Looks like this issue has been out there a long time. The solution of hiding isn’t really an option, as it doesn’t solve any of the problems:

1. It doesn’t decrease the time/bandwidth of the sync operation
  2. I don’t want the folders hidden. I want to be able to go to a folder and have it download at that moment.

Thanks for an other wise wonderful product.

Hi, at this moment we do not plan to add any other function.

Jan