Imap functions - where?

I am keen to see this feature too and can’t wait for v6.
Any idea of a firm release date as John said it would be a few weeks off, but that was 4 months ago.

v6 doesn’t have IMAP subscription function. Again, this should really have been in v1 as its fundemental to IMAP use…

Yes, it’s extraordinary that they claim this is a replacement for MS Outlook, yet such an essential IMAP feature is missing.

Hi,

We have implemented Hiding of IMAP folders instead of IMAP folder subscriptions. I think it will provide you similar functionality.
Right click on a root account folder and choose Show/Hide folders to find more.

Jan

Hi John,

I’m not seeing that option in my root folder?

I am using emClient 5.0.18661.0

I’m not seeing the Show/Hide option either.

Right click on email account folder (email address in left bar) and select “show/hide folders”

it can be done even on folders (inbox, etc…) with options “hide”, “show if unread” and “show”, hidden folders can be again enabled by way like I have described before.

Jan

In the left bar, I have the email account name not the email address but I assume we are talking about the same thing. When I right click on it, I get:
New folder…
Copy folder… (grayed out)
Move folder… (grayed out)
Collapse All
Properties

When I right click on an email folder, I get:
New folder…
Copy folder…
Move folder… (grayed out)
Delete (grayed out)
Mark all Messages as Read
Apply Rule…
Collapse All
Properties

Jim

I am sorry to confuse you, Hide/show IMAP folders is implemented in 6th version only.
It is supposed to look like this, and it should work with Gmail and Outlook as I have these options under those accounts too.
Jan

I downloaded it just a few days ago and thought I had the most current version. I checked and I do have 5. Your website does not have 6 as a download, at least that I can see. When will it be available?

Beta version is available now here https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

Ful release should be available until end of autumn.

Jan

Am I correct in saying that hiding an IMAP folder doesn’t actually stop it synchronising but just stops it being displayed. I ask because I was expecting send/receive to speed up once I’d hidden the majority of the IMAP folders.

Hi Ian, I believe you’re right: even if an IMAP folder is hidden, it will still take part in synchronization.

But Jan (of eM Client) should be able to confirm this.

yes, it is exactly like this. It is even possible to set IMAP folder to show only when it has unread emails.

Jan

Although this kinda helps, my users have a choice of hundreds of IMAP folders, with the majority only selecting 3-4 folders. I would have expected only those showing to sync… This renders IMAP folders unusable for my company as the sync times are unacceptable.

I must admit, I feel slightly cheated. One of the reasons I bought licences was because I was told v6 had IMAP functionality. It does but its not usable and only 4 of my licences have been used. The others are sitting unused as people tried eMclient but after the IMAP fiasco, have reverted back to other clients.

I feel the same way. It should be TRIVIAL for eMclient’s dev team to set a folder to “do not synchronize”.

And, oh, I’m just a developer with 20 years of experience in writing desktop software.

I’ve asked for a refund ! Until IMAP is sorted, the software is useless to me and my company.

We dot think of this as cheat, IMAP protocol is functional in eM Client with almost all providers without problem, we have also implemented some of advanced features like folders hiding.

Jan