icloud calendar forbidden

When I try to add an ics meeting invitation to my calendar I get forbidden message.  My setup is an IMAP mail server, and I’ve selected my icloud address as my default calendar (so it syncs to my iphone)

EMclient 6.0.20320
iCloud 3.1

Hi, is this a shared calendar by any chance?
Can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on CalDav logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Try to replicate the issue (add an ics event into the calendar)
    If the error comes up, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs”, please send the logs to [email protected] and please include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

done, as instructed.

Hi Mike, thank you for the received logs, can you please tell me if this is a shared calendar folder that’s being shared with your iCloud account or not?

Thank you,
Paul.

I’m sorry I missed this comment.  I’m not clear on what you are asking “shared calendar folder that’s being shared with your iCloud account” 

Is this a calendar you’ve created on your account or did someone else create it and shared the calendar with you?

Thank you,
Paul.

It’s my account.

Hi again Michael, I was told the issue is now being resolved on our VIP support, I hope it will be resolved soon.

Thank you,
Paul.

I too have this same problem - .ics events import into eM Client Calendar (specifically an iCloud CalDAV calendar), but then when it tries to sync you get the same error message as in original post above.

Any word on when this might be fixed?!

Hi Todd, what version of eM Client are you currently using, can you please update your client to this version http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20648/setup.msi ?

Thank you,
Paul.

Actually I’m running into similar problems. This happens regularly with reminder popups and changing the time for a new popup.

I.e. I have a working iCloud calendar event created in eM Client which says “remember me 7 days before event”. If it now pops up and I change it to “… 4 days before”, I get the forbidden error.

I’ve turned CalDAV logging on now. Version used is 6.0.21372.0

Stefan

Hi Stefan, can you please be a little bit more specific? When the notification is due (the original one), how do you edit the calendar/task item to remind you 4 days before?

Do you edit the calendar item straight from the notifications window or do you dismiss or snooze the event using one of the options in the reminder window before you edit the event?

Thank you,
Paul

I then try to change it straight from the notifications window.
Also, when this once happend I can fore another error when I then edit the item, i.e. change the title, then the same message occures

Hi again Stefan, do you think you could create some logging data for more information about this issue, please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable CalDAV logging for the problematic account,

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the error reoccurs, can you please go back to the advanced settings window and submi the logs to us using the “Send logs” button, send the logs to my email directly, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul

I found an easy way to reproduce this error:

Create a new entry in 4 days and 5 minutes with a reminder 4 days before event.

Wait 5 minutes, reminder pops up. In popup change reminder to 3 days - error “forbidden” occurs.

Will send you the logs now.

Thanks
Stefan

Hi Stefan, thank you for sharing these details about the issue with us, I’ve managed to reproduce the issue and reported the issue to the developers for more information about the issue or a possible solution/fix for the problem.

I’ll check back with you as soon as I get some more information about the issue.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,

the problem still exists in 6.0.22930.0 which makes the use of icloud calendar very hard :frowning:

Stefan

Hello Stefan, if you try to edit an existing task/calendar event straight from the notifications/reminders window, the update will be forced to the server, however as there are now two items one being on the server with an active reminder, and the edited one being uploaded to the server while notification/reminder is visible on your computer, this will cause a conflict - eM Client can’t resolve these types of conflicts automatically as it may result in data loss.

Please understand that at that moment you have two events with different details being synchronised against each other (same ID), this is not possible and one of the event needs to be removed or replaced by the edited/unedited one.

Also please update your eM Client to this more recent release of our client, 6.0.23181.0

Regards,

Sorry, but that cannot be the answer :slight_smile:

It worked always when using google calendar
It happens only sometimes if I change to “remind me again in …” - perhaps it depends on the value I choose.

If the conflict happens as you describe it (and only with ilcloud calendar),  there should be an other technique used to solve this, i.e. remove entry first and then add again with updated data. I hardly can imagine that this cannot be solved - please think about it.

Thanks for your support.

Stefan

Please note that all calendar servers do not work the same, some calendar servers allow you to open multiple calendars some won’t, thus performing certain actions on certain servers can be forbidden and on other it won’t be forbidden. But unfortunately based on what you’re describing I’m afraid this might not be possible, please update your client and if the issue persists, let me know so we can collect additional logging data.

Regards,