i need to manually setup exchange account em client 6.0

I need to set up Exchange manually due to server configuration. When I use other only email is set up. I want calendar and contact to be synced also. Is this possible yet using the manual setup ?

Hi, when I use new account - mail - Exchange I see everything set properly including calendar and contacts, could you describe me exact steps how do you setup your account?

jan

hi,

i have this wish too. our domain gives no information for the automatis setup. for other clients like mobile or outlook i have to configure the account manually.

what is the right way to do this ?

regards
tom

Hi Jan sorry for the late reply.

I use New Account, Mail and then choose exchange. The the client times out and tells me to “check the email address or set up the account manually.”

I am able to set up the account for email only using, New Account, Mail and then other. I choose IMAP and put my email server name manually.

I believe the problem is that we use “web.domain_name.org” as the server name. I have this issue initially with email on smart phones also. They all fail and then allow me to set the server address and domain if needed during the manual setup and then everything works fine. Using the manual setup I normally am able to see exchange mail, calendar, and contacts.

I am hoping that you will be able to help me with this as I am looking for a solution that allows or mobile staff using laptops to connect to multiple email accounts. If I purchase the software is there more setup options available? I would be very happy to purchase the software if I am able setup exchange properly .

Jim

Hi,

I have the same issue. I need the ability to manually configure the exchange server address.

AM

any updates on this ?

Hello. Yes another ‘me too’ I’m afraid.

We don’t use auto-config and while I can setup the email as IMAP, I would like to see what EmClient can do with the Exchange type.

Thanks

Klaus

Same here! Need to be able to enter server info manually.

Yes, please, add me to this request as well!

Yes, please. Many of us need to manually configure email and it seems to not be an option even if auto configure doesn’t work and diagnostics can’t fix…

please need manual setup exchange account !!!

Hi, we will implement this for sure, but at this moment I am unable to provide exact ETA.

Jan

… ist it possible in the meantime to do a “hack” with the registry or something ?

Found a way to get some form of manual Exchange set up!

Add an outlook.com account (with your normal Exchange login details, etc.) - when it fails you can then edit the settings in that to your Exchange server.

My client allows me to set the server name (on the Mail, Calendar, Contacts tab of the account settings, at the top). However em Client won’t connect to synchronise messages. I get the following error:

10:39:28 myname@domain [Exchange Web Services] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Couldn’t get server version.
10:39:28 at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeAccount.get_ExchangeService()
10:39:28 at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
10:39:28 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

… and em Client gives up. Not sure what causes this although it’s possible my mail admins only allow connections from Microsoft Exchange clients - could that be the reason? An answer from development would be handy, thanks.

Nick

Hi, this really works for you? to be honest I was thinking all the time that it will cause problem with authentication, because I had it when I was testing this by myself.

Jan

Hi, have you achieved this issue, could you tell me step by step?

Actually, yes, I did get various authentication errors - but it works anyhow, so I just turned the logs off.
Far from a perfect option, but at least it made things usable for now.

Personally I’m waiting until proper manual setup is in place as I’m hoping that will then allow me access to shared Exchange tasks…

I have asked about this and I was told then developers has it in their roadmap so it should be implemented soon, but still no exact ETA is known.

I tried the workaround suggested, but I get a 403 Forbidden error. I don’t think EM Client supports our Exchange Security Policies. So I guess I’m out of luck unless the client is updated to deal with encryption, PIN, etc.