I cannot receive any of my BT emails.

since the upgrade I did yesterday I cannot receive any of my BT emails. I can get my Gmail ones, I can send from my BT account, I can see my emails on the BT mail website, but emclient will not connect to pick them up

Same problem here

Hi Penny and Kevin,

I am sorry for the inconvenience.
If you have the BT account set as IMAP, please try removing the account from eM Client and configuring it again. 

With best regards,
Russel Markosky
eM Client

I have deleted the account rebooted machine and re created the IMAP and still the same problem so tried doing the same only creating a POP3 account and this does not work either.
This is what I get in the log,

12:06:14 [email protected] [POP3]  MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Protocol error occurred. Is this really a POP3 server?
12:06:14    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
12:06:14    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
12:06:14    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:06:14    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hope this helps.

Hello Kevin,

Setting the account as POP in not a solution. Configure please the account again as IMAP and after you try to synchronise the account, please send me the logs to [email protected]
Thank you.

Russel Markosky
eM Client

Made and deleted IMAP account twice with no change. Rebooted removed IMAP account, rebooted and remade IMAP account and it now works.
Still can’t use POP3 which is normally what I use. POP3 worked fine until the upgrade.

I have a similar problem.  I can send emails but can’t receive them??

Hello

I have the same problem.  I use a BT Pop3 account.  I have tried changing all the settings I can find and no change.

Hi,  I have a friend who is a IT expert and coming to have a look today.  Will post if we have found a fix.

Same problem here. BT POP3 accounts no longer work in em Client 7.1. Was OK in 7.0, but attempts to revert to 7.0 fail because the eM Client database was updated by 7.1. The diag log shows the same as Kevin postaed above, namely:

12:25:52 Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability
12:25:53 Btinternet (************) [POP3]  Connecting: To Btinternet (************)
12:25:53 Btinternet (************) [POP3]  MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Protocol error occurred. Is this really a POP3 server?
12:25:53    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
12:25:53    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
12:25:53    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:25:53    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
12:26:18 Btinternet (************) [POP3]  Connecting: To Btinternet (************)
12:26:48 Btinternet (************) [POP3]  MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
12:26:48     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
12:26:48    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
12:26:48    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:26:48    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

BT POP3 settings are:
  Host: mail.btinternet.com
  Port: 995
  Security policy: Use SSL/TLS if available

eM Client also fails to connect using other ports (e.g., 110) and security (e.g., none). The problem does not occur with other mail clients (tested with Outlook, Thunderbird, and even Windows Live Mail) - they all work fine. Issue is definitely bug in eM Client.

I have a few clients I have migrated to eM Client of late, and this kills confidence in your product, I’m afraid. I/they need a fix for this immediately.

Agree eM need to sort this.  From what we gather its connecting to btinternet?  We are still playing with it and will contact their  tech people.

I have also tried using Mailbird and The Bat with no problems,  I think they need to solve this problem sooner rather than later.

I have been setting up email clients for what seems like centuries - must be twenty years - it was always tricky in the early stages.  I cant believe we are still having issues in 2017

Do they need this link so they can test the fix:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/~/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoing-and-incomi…

?

I’ve tried every combination of setting up eM Client to receive bt emails to no avail.  Even tried to revert back to v7.0 but my PC won’t let me.  Its up to eM now to come back with a solution!!  Talking to other eM users who have changed to v7.1 hav’nt had a problem so its an incompatibility with bt mail? 

Please eM can you sort this.

I also am having problems with POP3 and BTInternet - it doesn’t work !!!
Having to resort to IMAP,  but this is not the protocol that I want to use.
Please sort this

Andrew Nurse

I had one bt email account already set up as imap and that one still works. My other one was pop3 (which I prefer) and this one stopped working. I tried setting the second one up as imap though and it still doesn’t work. I also tried to re-install version 6 but it won’t let me as even if I completely uninstall Em it seems to leave some kind of marker and refuses to install it. Getting a bit fed up of it now - especially as no response from Em at all.

Same problem here.  Can send emails from BT through eM Client but cannot access Pop3 Account to receive messages.  PLEASE can we have a solution asap?  Thank You.

Would it be fair to assume that all all eM Client users who also use BT have been unable to receive or send mail for a couple of days now ?

I assume its the FREE versions as well as the PREMIUM ?

I would have thought that that was a fair amount of users ?  seems incredible its not been sorted.

I am also having the same problem since the update. The account will NOT work in POP3.
I agree eM Client should recognise that a fix is required.