I cannot receive any of my BT emails.

The 7.1 upgrade has also stopped my access to BT emails on POP3 using the SMTP account. eM Client need to sort this soonest.

Hello all,

We are sorry for this inconvenience with BT mail service.

Could you please send me complete POP3 logs to my email: [email protected]

Go to Menu -> Tools -> Settings -> Advanced -> Logging and turn on logging for ‘POP3’ for the relevant account - then restart the application.
Right-click on the folder with the messages, select Properties -> Repair -> Click on the Repair button.
Afterwards please go to a folder where the logs are saved (default location is C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\Logs), choose the log that has relevant date in its name and send it to me please. 

Thank you.
Russel Markosky

You already have a log from me above. Also, if you read the logs you already have in this thread you will see that the problem with eM Client claims a POP3 protocol error, occurring well before the user credentials are presented to the server. Therefore there is testing you can already do directly against the BT mail server to confirm and troubleshoot the bug. That seems to me a very good place to start.

You have my log details above as well.

I sent you my POP3 log earlier this am.

eM Client, where are we with this.? Its been 4 days now since I upgraded to v7.1 and been unable to receive BT emails on my PC. I have sent fault logs as requested and so have many other people it seems. Can we revert back to v7.0, at least there wasn’t any problem with that  It can’t be that hard to sort out the problem surely!!..Paul g

eM Client …would it be a good idea to give us some idea of timescale ?  I have really reached the limit where I can  cope with emails on my phone and its time to install Thunderbird or similar.

How far away is a resolution ?

While there has been no official word from eM Client, I see that they have withdrawn the latest few 7.1 builds. If you go to their release history page at http://www.emclient.com/release-history you will see that the latest version now available is 7.1.30508.0 from June 16th. I have found that this build *does* indeed work with BT POP3 accounts (though I can’t say what other bugs have been re-introduced). To use it, download the 7.1.30508.0 build, and remember to uninstall your current build before installing this older one (you can’t install an older build over an already-present later build). POP3 collection then works again.

Steve, If you uninstall what do you loose please ?

If you uninstall this latest build, will all the associated eM Client email files get deleted as well? I don’t want to find on installing the earlier version that all my email history has gone. I am fairly new
to eM Client and would welcome advice on this point.

I’m just another user, so take what I say with a pinch of salt, but… I don’t think you lose anything as such. The em Client data folder is left intact when you uninstall. To be safe, I recommend you save the whole content of the eM Client data folder before you uninstall your current build, then restore it to its original location after you install the older build. You can find the data folder at “C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\eM Client”. The AppData\Roaming folder is hidden - the easiest way to get to it is to enter “%appdata%” (without the quotes) in a Windows search box, Run box or the Explorer address bar.

I have uninstalled the offending version, installed Vn. 7.1.30508.0, BUT the same error occurs with BT Mail retrieval.  Any ideas please?

Sorry, take that back! Have restarted eM Client and BT emails ARE now retrieved! 

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience with this issue, we are currently working on a solution to fix the POP3 synchronisation with BTmail.

If you have problems with retrieving emails from POP3 BTmail, please contact me at [email protected] with a link to this forum thread.

Russel Markosky
eM Client

Thanks

Thank you for this - I’ve reinstalled the earlier version and now have email again.

Me too. I appear to have lost 1300 emails! I’m not very happy!

If you look at eM Client release history page http://www.emclient.com/release-history?_ga=2.242785546.983626128.1500327620-1489473704.1500327620 , the latest fix released today (Tuesday 18th) is 7.1.30718.1, which includes “Fixed POP3 authentication issue with bt.com and a few other vendors.”  This could be good news!!

Good news, if you look at eM Client release history page http://www.emclient.com/release-history?_ga=2.242785546.983626128.1500327620-1489473704.1500327620 , the latest fix released today (Tuesday 18th) is 7.1.30718.1, which includes “Fixed POP3 authentication issue with bt.com and a few other vendors.”  I’ve downloaded this and it has unblocked a vertiable avalanche of e-mails.  It’s only taken a week!

Hey well done you :slight_smile:  that works.  You should become eM Client support desk.