how to stop gmail from asking for password?

I really hope they fix it soon too.  I switched over from Outlook and bought EM Client because I liked it so much better after getting used to it.  The Google Calendar & Tasks sync make it such a better client.   I was ready to buy a version for my tablet, but I need to see if this gets fixed first.

No, deleting then re-creating the account does not fix the problem.

Hello Philip, this authentication method has been included as the standard introduced by Google, it is no longer possible to authenticate using the standard password authentication method. You can read more about the feature on our blog, http://www.emclient.com/blog/em-client-now-features-oauth-authentication-with-gmail-124 , I’m sorry if you’re still experiencing issues with the software.

Hi, if you’re still having issues while authenticating with Gmail on computer startup, and you’re not using any proxy utility or firewall on your computer, please let me know on my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic, also please describe the case when this occurs.

Also please make sure you’re running the latest release of eM Client and let me know if you were using any of the releases in between the final and the initial release with OAuth included. 

Well, it started again … repeated GMAIL sign-on dialogs, on version 22465 after it was not doing it for a while

I’ve been getting these intermittently since the problem arose.  I’m attempting to capture one of these events for emClient to analyse so they can find out what is causing the problem.

Hello Philip, thank you for the received data, we were able to detect some issues in these logs and we’re currently inspecting this issue. Hopefully this will help us to create a workaround for the problem in upcoming releases.

I’ll keep you posted once I have more information from the developers.

Thank you,

Hello, if you’re still experiencing issues with the authentication window being thrown multiple times or after waking up the computer from sleep, can you please try to update your eM Client to this release , 6.0.22625.0 and check if the issue persists?

Thank you,

No the issue does not persist, however emClient has started to crash about a minute after started.

Problem signature:  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: MailClient.exe
  Application Version: 6.0.22625.0
  Application Timestamp: 5575a926
  Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.17415
  Fault Module Timestamp: 545049be
  Exception Code: c00000fd
  Exception Offset: 00018416
  OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.49
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 2b44
  Additional Information 2: 2b44a0467eb51d7c5c4d290568949fe5
  Additional Information 3: 7df3
  Additional Information 4: 7df32a2773342645ea003a5819024779

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Thanks for the update.  Have loaded it and so far ok.  Will report back in a few days.

Hello Doron, not quite sure if this can be related to this issue, but can you please copy out the full error thrown after the application crashes and submit it to us in a new forum topic for more information about this issue.

Thank you,

sure

The new build didn’t fix the problem.  It has happened each time I have woken the computer up since install.  Let me know if you need some more data.

Hello Philip, can you please try to replicate this occurrence with fiddler logging enabled and submit another logging session to my work mail for more information? If possible you can also include IMAP and XMPP logging data from eM Client, you can enable this logging in Tools > Settings > Advanced for your gmail account.

Once the issue reoccurs in eM client restart eM client and send us the logs using the “send logs” button in the advanced settings window to my work mail, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,

Got the same issue: confirming my google-account evrytime after wake-up from standby. I have contact to the em client support since weeks. But nothing helped so far. No nightly patch, no fiddler-log, no em client-log. At the beginning, it occurs only at one computer, but now I got this sh*t on my second computer. Although I didn’t change any option or parameter wether at my google-account, or at the em client.

I purchased two licenses of this client because it’s the only mail-client, which syncs correctly to google. I hope, they will fix it soon. Is there any alternative?

I’m running the debug again tonight, so will hopefully will get this sorted soon.  emClient (Paul) is being very helpful so I suggest you hang on in there, we might get another build in a day or so.  When this happens my wife just closes emClient and runs it again (she says it doesn’t ask for password that way).

Have you heard anymore on this?  It’s be several weeks, but I still have this problem.  

Nope. It’s still unsolved. I hope, the em team is working on it. Heard nothing since weeks.

A couple of weeks ago I submitted some more logged data as requested by Paul.  Have heard nothing at all.  Very disappointing.  There must be something very wrong in the emClient organisation not to sort such a fundamental problem out.

There is another bug in the Calendar section which was introduced at the same time as this bug (not a show stopper, but annoying) so I’ve given up and switched to Thunderbird which does all the things I want (Google contacts, Calendar, email) and works fine.  I’ll switch back to emClient if they fix the bugs, but as they’ve gone silent it doesn’t look hopeful.

Yeah, they get several log-files and fiddler-files to research. But for now, no response.