How to better Highlight UnRead Emails?

Hello,

new user here. I have just started using emclient - and it is very nice. However, one thing I am having some minor issues adjusting to is not having the UnRead emails stand out more…

So - I am using the classic theme - and it shows a orange dot to the left of the unread emails - and they are bolded - but that just does not seem to really stand out as much as I would like it when I am skimming through my emails.

I am wondering if there is a way to change the background colour of the unread emails in the list (currently they are all white) - as I am thinking that would really stand out quite well.

I have looked through the Theme XML file - but I do not see the entry I could change to change that.

Is what I am hoping to do possible? If so - can someone explain how I might go about doing it?
Is there another way to have the unread emails stand out more dramatically?

Any thoughts are welcome!!

Here is an example of what I am referring to. I had to block out certain parts - but I think you will see what I mean.
The unread emails while they are bolded and have a orange dot - just do not jump out at me the way I am used to having them in other programs.

Thank you

3 Likes

Try the DARK theme… orange dot stands out sufficiently for me

1 Like

Hello - the dark theme is ok - but it the UnRead emails still do not stand out enough. The little dots are just not enough.

Any other suggestions?

Perhaps increasing the email list font size may also increase the “little dots”

Yeah i like the “Dark” theme too as @sunriseal said which shows the unread orange dots.

Al - It might - but as I noted - the dots are not a big enough indication for me. I would like to be able to change the colour of the background for those items (which I realize may not be possible) - so that the UnRead emails really stick out… Like in your face sticking out :slight_smile:

Thank you for the suggestion - I will probably give it a try.

Regardless of what theme you are using, the Unread folder might be a solution for you. It ONLY shows unread messages, so there is no confusion. :wink:

Hi Gary - yes - I might have to use that.
Maybe I will suggest my issue as a enhancement.

Thank you (and thank you to everyone who made suggestions!!)

This is the EXACT issue I am having.
I know there’s an “unread” folder, but I just want a very pale color to the unread messages in the All Inboxes folder. (Call me lazy.) Can someone share the line or code in the Theme XML file that might allow me (us) to make this modification?

4 Likes