How do I group my messages using conversation - as used in gmail?

FWIW, the lack of conversation view is likely to persuade me NOT to buy a PRO license. Reason being that a lot of online product support is provided via google groups, and it is a pain in the wotsit trying to follow those conversations in straight email mode.

I just came by to say that the email client looks great, but without the ability to view email in threads, aka conversations, I will be uninstalling. 

Well. After using em client for a few days I have changed my opinion. Aside from the lack of threaded emails, this application is the best. I needed exactly what it does- the right sidebar showing the contact details and past correspondence  with the sender, and all the rest. 

Of course I still would prefer having the threaded view and hope for it. That fact that it’s free for up to two accounts yet is great. 

I have nothing to complain about, so I guess I should sign off from the internet now. ;) 

There are two show stoppers for me right now.  Conversation view is one of them.  I’ve only had EM installed today and I really do like it over having to keep two browser tabs open (email and calendar).  I’ll keep it installed for Q1 to see if they do deliver this feature as stated above in 2015Q1.  This is my other show stopper: https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/how-to-stop-alerts-from-hidden-calendars

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled conversation view.

I would like the feature “conversation thread view”.
That is the only feature that is really missing. The rest is great!

I believe this is expected to be in v7.

• Merg

Exactly, definitely the last feature that I could really need. I sure hope it comes out in V7 and hopefully that comes soon :slight_smile:

Any news on this? I installed EM yesterday and have been trying to work out how to do conversation views. So its very sad to see this was a featured that was planned for release 3 years ago and its still not in.
If it is planned for V7, is that a carrot on a stick? when is V7 planned for beta/release? I wont buy a pro licence (I was going to) without it.

Hello Barny, sorry, conversations are not yet available in eM Client however are currently being developed for the upcoming release, so no carrot on a stick this time. I’m sorry that this feature has been pushed for release for so long, however our primary focus was mostly set on implementing some of the more important features such as support for Exchange and other protocols.

We’re expecting to release eM Client 7 in Summer 2015, with a public beta released before the final release.

Hope this helps.

it does, thanks

Paul, you can understand reservations because your team has being saying it will be in the ‘next release’ for years… I understand having features like support Exchange are critical, but missing out on key features like conversation grouping is a normal/expected feature now in mail clients.

Yet another request for conversation view.
I’ve tried emclient several times over the years and for Windows it’s probably the best fit for me, except the lack of conversation view. I have to use the standard gmail web mail to manage my inbox which is not ideal. After a while I get frustrated and remove emclient and return to webmail.
Here’s hoping it’s implemented soon.

Hello, the feature is one of the main features of the upcoming release, follow us on Facebook or twitter, to find out the latest information about new releases.

Regards,

Good news, though I note it’s been said before.
I’ve looked at facebook and twitter and nothing obvious. 
When may we expect this upcoming release?

That’s good to hear. Looking forward to seeing the 7.

Conversation View + 1

PS: Your mail client, to me, is better than MS outlook and Thunderbird but the lack of conversation view is really a pain in the a**.

Looking forward to conversation view, hope to see it soon! I’ve chosen eM Client over Outlook and will certainly go “Pro” when conversation view is released and working.

Really hope conversation view or Threaded view comes very soon !!!
I use Emclient Pro side-by-side with Outlook 2013.  for different businesses I consult for.
For ease of dealing with multiple topics on a daily basis, outlook wins hands down.
Come on, guys, eMclient is one of the best mail clients around, but you are falling behind!

3 years of promises…
let’s wait for 2018 and see what happens…

Hi,
I can actually confirm that Conversation view is in eM Client version 7, which will come out very soon.

Best regards,
Olivia