Google Calendar doesn ́t sync properly

I’ve had nothing but problems synchronising calendars with EM Client, especially subscribed calendars. They don’t seem to be interested in trying to sort the problem out. Wish I had never paid for it now. I’m going back to using MS Outlook. I use that on another computer that is far superior at managing calendars.

Hello Mark,

If you own a PRO licence, did you try contacting our Support at: http://support.emclient.com/? Log in with credentials we sent you during the purchase and my colleagues from VIP Support team will gladly help you solve your issue.

Regards,
Russel

I’m on 7.1.30794 and still having the issue, and using the refresh button does nothing for me. I would love to be able to make it automatically get new data every minute, so changes are actually shown, instead of having it quite buggy where em shows something different to everything else, and when you make a change on em even though it’s out of date, it still makes the change. This seems like it’s an issue with em not actually fetching and updating its calendar. Can’t you just add an option to settings where we can set how often it fetches and refreshes for calendar?

Yes, unfortunately it is not so reliable. It comes and goes - sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Uploading changes to the server is no problem, because as soon as you make the change it is uploaded. It is not waiting for the sync. You can change the frequency of the sync in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Synchronization. But with this problem, syncing more often still does not pull the new data from the server. In fact, eM Client will override your sync frequency if it is under 15 minutes. See Russel’s explanation above. Refresh should bypass that interval limit, but as you say, Refresh does not work.

The only option is to uncheck and recheck each calendar in the list, and this will usually sync the data. The same as if you close and reopen em Client.