Google Calendar doesn ́t sync properly

I just tried this with my syncing problem (that is, appts made on my phone were not syncing to my desktop calendar).
Syncing appts has worked really great in the past. What has changed?!

Exactly.  If you haven’t changed eM Client, maybe with Gmail?  Did you change passwords lately?  Select 2-step authentication?

Didn’t do anything to Gmail that I can think of. Didn’t change passwords or 2-step authentication.

Can I assume that the update on your phone is being synced to your gmail account, that is, you can see it on the gmail web interface?

I see the appts there on the web interface now, but I don’t think I could see them before doing what you suggested above.

Now that they appear on the web, can you update your eM Client calendar and see if they sync? (note:  it may take 15 min+ to automatically sync).

I entered a test appt in eM then checked Google Calendar on the web interface. The appt was indeed there. Then I deleted it and minutes later it no longer appeared in eM Calendar.

So maybe your problems lies with your phone app?

The phone app is Samsung’s version of Gmail.

Coincidentally, I just got a notice to update the phone system.

There were some other peculiar things going on with my desktop, so I’m guessing not the phone app.

Actually the problem does appear to be the phone app. An appt I made earlier today does not appear at all in eM. But strangely enough a test appt I made a few minutes ago DOES appear in eM. I am VERY confused!

I have a Samsung as well.  I use the actual google calendar app as it seems to function the best.  Have no issues with it.  All syncing works flawlessly.

Good to hear this, I was thinking about trying it!

While I tend to use beta software on my desktop (read eM Client), on my phone I mostly stick with standard manufacturer’s defaults. I also have a Galaxy, and use the default apps. Syncing with google calendar - NO PROBLEM. But then being the same company, you would expect google and all things android to just work, wouldn’t you?

Hello everyone,

Finally I got to this thread.
The shared calendars require at least 15 minutes intervals before the next synchronization, unless the Refresh button is manually pressed. This is due to the limits on access to Google calendar from external applications. The synchronization is now triggered a) by opening the calendar b) by the global synchronization. If the interval of the global synchronization is 10 minutes (the default) and the calendar has just been synchronized, it will skip the first global synchronization (15 minutes have not yet passed) and synchronize on the second one.
Pressing the Refresh button should still synchronize the calendar instantly.

Regards,
Russel

I am still wondering why this problem exists in eM Client and not Thunderbird - and why it was not there in 7.1.30508. This is obviously NOT a Google issue but an issue with 7.1.30794.

And let’s be realistic - the limit placed by Google of 1,000,000 per day (?) is not even an issue. I have tested this with shared calendars that only have one or two other users, so it is not like there are 1000’s of other syncs going on. I have also checked and I am not exceeding any of the other calendar limits such as more than 25 calendars, 10,000 events etc.
I changed my eM Client interval to 30 minutes (48 syncs per day, although in reality it is less because my computer is not on 24 hours per day), to be the same as Thunderbird. The provider for google calendar in TB manages to sync everything timeously, but eM Client does not.

So where does this leave us? Downgrade to 7.1.3050, except for those unfortunate BT.com users who also use Google calendars!

So in the past couple of months, this issue seems to have disappeared. UNTIL TODAY.

I have noticed that it is happening again. eM Client is running for 2hrs 45 minutes and not one calendar sync. Have to go in and de-select/select calendars for them to sync. Refresh doesn’t work Russel.

Very, very unhappy. :frowning:

I am having the corrupt database problem.  Error message popups every few minutes when I use emClient.  I have reloaded emClient 3 times now in an effort to get rid of this problem.  I think it may be related to the calendar updating.  There is no way that I know of to fix the database once it is corrupted.  EmClient is a great email program and I want to keep using it.  But that problem almost has me looking elsewhere.

Did you try and delete the database?

Make a backup first. then close eM Client. Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming and delete the eM Client folder. You may have to change folder options in Explorer to show hidden folders so that you can navigate to that directory.

Restart eM Client, add your email account and see if the problem persists.

Change the IMAP settings to Security policy: Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy). The port number should automatically change to 993.