Freeze smart folder

What I’m using now is to have the account open in Gmail in parallel to eMClient, so I can use the Google very efficient “send to folder” option. Hope It’ll help you too while we wait for these people to reactivate a very convenient option for many of us.

emClient developers - please update status on this issue - why no reply?

Totally agree—please bring back this feature!

Clearly no one at emclient cares about this topic. Anyone suggest a better alternative and how to export mail folders from emclient to another app?

What I’m doing since the feature was removed is to have a gmail window open as the gmail move to option is very effitient.

I file email in a local folder, not up on gmail - so this isn’t an option for me :frowning:

Please open a separate thread for the export question and I will reply there.

Just received the latest Update. I was so curious to see the function back. NO, NO, NO. I am totally disappointed.
It is over a year now, that I posted this thread and urgent request.
There was NO answer at all from eMClient.
What is the reason to ABANDON a feature?
It should be so easy to bring it back.
Please - just do it …

There was a valid explanation somewhere on this forum as to why it was removed after 7.1.x, but I can’t find it right now. Something to do with an important fix in 7.2 that caused an issue with the Smart Folders. Maybe you could do a bit of searching and find it. :wink:

As to a reply from eM Client, open your support ticket again and change the priority. Or submit a new ticket. They usually reply quite quickly, at least within 24 hours. But being the weekend now, you will need to wait till Monday for a reply.

Otherwise the redesigned version 8 will be out in the Spring, so wait till then and see if there are any changes. 

Of course, if it is such an issue for you, you can always go back to 7.1.x. You will find all previous versions available for download from the Release History. Your current license will also work with 7.1.x.

In the first beta release of version 8, this behavior has not changed. The Smart folders are not pinned to the top, so they will disappear when you scroll down.

Just another bump for this feature… With eM Client 8 Beta out and the new feature to have Favorites at the top of your folder list, it makes this feature all the more missed. With hundreds of subfolders between the 3 accounts I have in eM Client, being able to move messages between folders and accounts makes it very tedious when you need to scroll all the way up or all the way down in the folder list to get to your original or destination folder.

Please eM Client return the feature to have the ability to pin the Favorites/Smart Folders at the top!

• Merg

When installing the new upgrade a popup with new features came up. Here it was written that now the smart folders will stay on top while scrolling through long folder lists.
Unfortunately it is not the case, no option or setting that I can find to set this behaviour.

Even worse, when closing eMclient, the opened folder structure will close again and after startup I always have to click on “…more”. I found no way to keep or safe the window setting.

Still very disappointing. If I do something wrong, let me know.

How can I set the feature, that was announced after the update?

Any news here? Update after Update and the smart folders still do not freeze. Scrolling is so anoying.
Please bring this function back

1 Like

by the way… Can someone of the developer team just answer and give a response?

1 Like

New version 8.1.979 just came out. NO changes … !!!

Smart folders still scroll down. This issue is open now for years, without any reply or reaction.

Can anyone take care of it?

The inability of eM client to freeze the Favourites section makes it totally unsuitable for business use. I’d hoped for something that could be used instead of Microsoft Outlook (which I’ve been using for many years). This email client isn’t it.
Do eM not listen? Users have been asking for this functionality to be re-enabled for years. I don’t know why I paid for the full license now.

I am looking for a feature like this as well. But this thread is one year old, I guess no chance then?

Did you find a solution or another tool that does this? I tried Mailbird but it has other stuff I don`t like.

More then 3 years and many updates have passed.
Up to now nor reaction, no changes. In Version 7.1 the smart folders stayed on top when scrolling.
From that time on the function was abandoned. In Jan 19 was the announcement, that the developers will bring back the function soon …
Up to now … nothing.
Very disappointing, especially that nobody of EmClient seems to take care about user inputs.
Please respond with a comment and schedule

This function was disabled in 7.2 because of issues it caused with the UI. It is not planned to reintroduce it.

No, they never said that.