Free hotmail - switched to iMAP4 and groups in contacts aren't syncing?

After having to change/switch over from EWS to iMAP4, it seems my contacts from hotmail/outlook (the free accounts) do not sync into eM Client. For example, I had a group (well still do in the OWA version of hotmail/outlook) composed of like 20 people. Prior to having to re-setup things, this always worked. Am I doing something wrong?

it might be related to this thread:

I opened this feature request, please vote on it and perhaps we can get microsoft to enable this behaviour for us.

https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/c36fe0e4-6ed3-ee11-92bd-000d3a7a5824

Changing from an Exchange Microsoft account to an IMAP account shouldn’t affect your contacts. The only thing you normally loose is Notes, but you can still access notes via ms webmail one note tab.

I previously setup my Microsoft personal Live.com and Outlook.com accounts as Exchange in eM Client, and since readding them as imap accounts “via the automatic email setup” in eM Client , my contacts and contact groups are still exactly the same. So if you don’t see them, could be they are just not selected or checked after adding your account, so are then not showing when you compose email.

Click eM Client contacts at the bottom left and all your contacts and contact groups “should be under your account”. So check that you have selected / ticked all the contacts under your Hotmail/Outlook account.