Export Mails into Outlook

Hi. Has someone found an easy free way to export some mails from EM Client and then convert to .PST ? I really like EM Client & am keeping EM Client as my main but need to move some mails into Outlook 2019…Thanks for any help …Bill

1 Like

We don’t have a way to export to PST, sorry.

There are some options though.
You can add the same email account in MS Outlook, and both applications will share the same messages through the server. Or you can export the messages from eM Client in the default eml format, and import those into MS Outlook.

1 Like

Give this a shot:

Export eM Client email to .eml format and then go to Google and enter “.eml to .pst” (without quotes) and choose from the many results.

2 Likes

Hi Gary…If I export from em Client as .eml, I don’t think MS Outlook is able to impot them as I think Outlook accepts only PST ?? Thanks

Hi Al. Thanks very much…Just thought someone at this formu may have a short cut for this…Only need to do this with a few emails and the prices for a program run between 19.00 and 39.00 dollars…Thanks again…Bill

1 Like

I don’t think MS Outlook is able to impot them

You can import eml files into Outlook without converting to pst. See the below link for one such freeware site program on how to do that with exported eml files.

https://www.outlookfreeware.com/en/products/all/OutlookMessagesImportEML

Otherwise as @sunriseal advised above just convert the eml to pst with other programs.

1 Like

Not really an option for those of us with 1000s of emails. This is one of the latest things. I have a growing list of reasons why I regret ever going to EMClient.

There are ‘free’ options as well… when doing the search, add FREE to the search verbiage!

What is not an option? Converting EML format to PST? The number of emails should not be a hangup.

1 Like

I’m not sure what part of my response was unclear. There doesn’t seem to be a good way to do what you are describing. If I have thousands of emails, I will get thousands of EML files. I have never once considered this an option. Anyway a quick look shows there is an unresolved bug to doing this in EMclient:

Hypothetically, once successfully exported to EML, the conversion of EML to PST is problematic.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/importing-3000-emails-to-outlook-eml/559a7330-ecdb-458c-8bc0-5c6b5266884e

Iff I’m wrong, let’s be a little more helpful in describing the process rather than “just export it” which most users aren’t going to understand. I miss the unix MBX format was was universal accross all software packages. Now it’s all proprietary.

Why not just add the same account in MS Outlook as you have in eM Client. Then it will sync the same messages without any export/import, utilities etc.?

1 Like

Why not indeed? It’s 3-4AM EST when I write this, makes me wonder is a human or a chatbot on the other end? I digress.

The shortest possible answer I can give is that I don’t want to. In an earlier post, I have a PST file from my work email, I Imported it into EMclient on a home computer almost 2 years ago. I have since lost the password so I cannot import it (again) to my new work email. Therefore, what seems easiest is to export this entire folder from EMClient to a file, then import that into Outlook at work.

I have to say your answer confuses me. My question seems quite clear and direct, if you don’t know I consider it the better part of valor to be hones tand say you don’t know or that it’s not possible. I have a thread on StackExchange going back 4 years and has dozens, or maybe hundreds of back-and-forths, because so many people don’t have an answer but think that they do. I check back sometimes, it remains unresolved but open.

You seem to suggest merging an active email account with my new active email account. That isn’t what I said at all. Merging emClient (if it were possible, and it isn’t) with my current work email is something I wouldnt’ do anyway.

martes 28 marzo 2023 :: 1455hrs (UTC +0100)

Not quite the same thing but you get the idea…

Let those who have not suffered the bowel-loosening sensation
of accidentally clicking the wrong button cast the first stone!

Anyway, have a look at this it could save you further anguish.
Apparently it does work, we had once suggested it to a client - I just called him to confirm.

Also note I have NO connection with eMC except for being a satisfied user.

Of course it is at your own risk should you proceed.

¡Buena suerte

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

For $20 I’ll have to think about it. I’m looking at similar software, they find the password in the registry. The PST file has been copied, and taken 500 miles from the original computer which was then reimaged after I left that job.

So I’ll have to see. Actually, I don’t remember passwording it either.

martes 28 marzo 2023 :: 1634hrs (UTC +0100)

Sorry about that, clearly not as important as I supposed

¡Buena suerte

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

I am a big fan of quick fixes, and free software. I used to pay for really good and helpful stuff. I had a popup blocker, 1.0 ten bucks. I had an image viewer for JPGs, five bucks. This was in 1996-98. This goes on and on. Most recently Microsoft has cut off OFFICE licenses after 5 activations. That’s 9 copies I own that no longer work. Screw buying software, if I burn the cash at least it will keep me warm for a few minutes. More useful.

I found several free utilities until one of them worked. PSTPASSWORD by www (dot) nirsoft (dot) net

[quote=“Fredlos_Johannes, post:18, topic:80863”]www (dot) nirsoft (dot) com
[/quote]
Change that to (dot) net

1 Like