Exchange Account Authentication failed

Hi Olivia,
Yes I see ‘Outlook Mail’ in the top left corner when I login to outlook webmail. 

I have v7.0.27943.0
This is the way I filled the setup:

Email address field 
[email protected]” (imaginary name and address).

User Name field
" tom.young@hotmail(imaginary name and address).

In previous mesages/comments you can see all I did for setting up as Exchange.
Please read them, and tell me if there’s something I do wrong or I’m missing.
If I do everything right, so what is the problem…

Regards…

In case there is something weird in the eM Client database:

Close eM Client
Locate the folder eM Client folder located in C:\Users%windows user%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client
Copy it somewhere else in case you need to restore it
Delete the eM Client folder
Start eM Client
Set up your account again

I did it, no difference, Exchange is failing still…

There must be some issue at Microsoft’s end, but I don’t know how you resolve it.

Possible of course…

I have just downloaded your free version to try it with the intent of buying the pro as I have more than 2 accounts.  However I am having the exact same problem as Yaroyo

Hello yaroyo,
in the reply above you removed part of the domain (.com) - was this a mistake in the reply or are you not using the full address as username?

It should be

Email address field 

User Name field

Regards,
Olivia

Bravo Olivia!
You caught it!
I was removing the part of the domain (.com) and not using the full address as username.

Now I used the same for Email address and User Name field as:
[email protected]” (imaginary name and address),

and finally I got the EXCHANGE!

That’s wonderful, because Exchange doesn’t have the extra unnecessary Note folder which appears in IMAP setting.

The number of folders in Exchange account are the same as WLM.

And there is a Bonus which I think many of users doesn’t know.
Setting an account in Exchange resolves the Bcc problem definitely.
Sending mails as Bcc works perfectly.

Thank you.
Regards…

Hello Yaroyo,
glad to hear the issue has been resolved :slight_smile:

Regards,
Olivia

Ditto!

Microsoft have resolved the BCC problem anyway
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/opeople-ocontacts/outlookcom-moving-addresses-f…

It took too long, poor tortured microsoft mail users…

I am happy for Yaroyo, but I still have the problem. 
My email address and User name are the same; “[email protected]
I get the following message:  “The server was found, but authentication failed.  Check the email address and password”
I am able to sign in to Hotmail via my browser.
Help
Neal

In your browser, does your Hotmail screen at outlook.com top left corner (next to the 9 dot icon) show “Outlook Mail” or “Outlook.com”. 

Outlook.Mail

Hi Neal

Then setting up eM Client account using Exchange should work.  All the possible causes of failure are listed in this thread.

I have followed all the steps in this thread.  Should work, does not solve the problem.
I have to ask, are you a member of the user community or do you work for eM Client?

I do not work for eM Client, I am just a user with a particular interest in the effects of Microsoft dumping Windows Live Mail

I appreciate your help.  As an FYI, a friend of mine, who recommended eM client, has an Hotmail account that works.  Last night we set up my Hotmail account exactly like his without success.  Do you know if eM Client support monitors this forum and will get involved?

Yes they do get here but in bursts. Olivia Rust is eM Client support and has chimed in on this issue (see above).