Error setting CalDAV

*** The folder you selected doesn’t belong to this CalDAV account or isn’t an event folder. Please select approriate folder ***

I am testing setting up a CalDav account using https (to syncrhonize with Zimbra Collaboration Suite).
When I setup the CalDav account in eM Client and I select the Calendar or Contacts folder where I want to the events to be, I get the above message.
I am using EM Client v5.0

1 Like

I see you have outstanding support here. I am glad I didn’t bought Em client license yet. Never mind, I have found alternative software, named EssentialPIM.

Hello,
I am very sorry for the delay in replying but I have been quite busy the pas few weeks. If you eventually change your mind, send us your CalDAV logs which would tell us more. Thank you.

Hello, same issue here. I’m evaluating your client to replace outlook and zimbra desktop. I would like to have the exact same, basic, functions: email, calendar and contacts. We share calendars in my company, so we need to be able to see other calendars as well.

I did not find documentation as to how I should set up the client. We use Zimbra ZCS 7.2.1.

Since Zimbra is getting rid of their client, this is definitely your chance.

If you are getting the same CalDAV error message, send us your logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “CalDAV” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

I’ve got the same issue with the em Client version 6. Is there a solution for this?

Hi, are you seeing any error messages from the application? If so, can you make a screenshot of this error and post it here on the forum? What version of eM Client are you currently using (help > about), and what calendar service are you having issues with (Is it a Zimbra account as well)?

Thank you,
Paul.

eM Client version is 6.0.20498.0

I’m using Synology built-in CalDAV application: I can connect to it using iCal on Mac and Lightning on Mozilla.

When I first created the CalDAV account on eM Client it didn’t show any error but I can’t see the events on the Calendar Panel; so I checked the Settings > Account properties and I saw that the two folders (Calendar and Activity) where not set for my CalDav account. I try to set them but i got the error "The folder you selected doesn’t belong to this CalDAV account or isn’t an event folder. Please select approriate folder "

Can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on CalDav logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the error occurs again, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send Logs” and send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Also it might be helpful, before you send the logs, right click the calendar folder in eM Client and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks to Paul I was able to solve my issue!

Hi, the issue has been caused by the server, we’ve released a workaround for the issue, so if anyone have a similar issue let me know.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,  I am having the same issue.  Can you let me know the workaround please,

Thanks

Colin Dash

Hi Colin, what version of eM Client are you currently using? The workaround mentioned in this post should be included in all eM Client releases since version 6.0.20591.0, please make sure you’re using the latest available version http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21034/setup.msi and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the delay in responding.  I’ve been away.
Let me check and come back to you.

Hi,
I have the same issue.

I have installed davmail on my pc as a gateway to exchange 2003 I add the account, but there are no errors, everything seams fine, but sync of callendar does not work. IMAP and SMTP via davmail work fine. But not caldav callendar. Somehow in the callendar accounts in th eleft pane the caldav account that I have added is not even displayed. While it is in th elist of the accounts…

Cheers,

Rasa 

here is from the 1:24:30 PM business\karapandzar [CalDAV / CardDAV]  Synchronizing items: Sync of business\karapandzar/ finished: 0 uploaded, 0 deleted, 0 obsolete, 0 items,  0 downloaded
1:24:30 PM business\karapandzar [CalDAV / CardDAV]  Synchronizing items: Done

But in th eleft pane I do not even see the caldav account even though it is listed in the accoount setting

Hello, did you add the CalDAV/CardDAV account as a separate account or how did you setup your accounts in eM Client, is DavMail properly communicating with the Exchange server allowing you to sync calendar items?

What version of eM Client do you currently have installed on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Can you make a screenshot of your CalDAV account setup and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,

I did it using http://davmail.sourceforge.net/

It works flawlesly on Mac with ical. Emails sync great in em-mail too! Just callendar account is not even there in the left pane.

The version is:6.0.22344.0

Cheers and thanx for the prompt reply!

Are you able to access the calendar by putting the caldav address into your browser window and login using the credentials you have below?

Regards,

Thanx! it worked now. Browser hint helped me to debug the problems. I had to change the address to: remove principals and add calendar at the end of the link. Syncing now to exchange 2003 over caldav perfectly, both calendar and emails.

Hello again, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,